Getting dinner on the table during the week can be a difficult task. Meal-planning and grocery shopping are just the first steps in the whole process. Preparing healthy dinner while you are juggling a busy schedule can be nearly impossible. Whether it’s just soup or salad or a three-course meal we are sure these hacks will help make the task easy:
- Use the Microwave: Often used for reheating food, microwave can be a real-life savior if you are looking to save time. Let’s say you want to bake potatoes or veggies, this task could take about 45 minutes in the oven compared to 20 minutes in the microwave. We think that’s a significant time to have for yourself :-). Agree?
- Invest in prepped vegetables. Grocery stores are full of them, you can get about any vegetable on your list in a prepped state now –mushroom, carrots, broccoli florets and more. You can also find pre-washed spinach. You will save loads of time.
- Salad mix can be your friend: If you are a salad eater, you can find a range of salad mixes in the grocery store. You don’t need to wash or chop. Believe us you won’t regret investing your time stocking these. Plus, you can try a whole new range every week.
- Frozen veggies and meals: Frozen vegetables and meals can come to your rescue every once in a while. Especially if you are cooking for one or two people. You can use them in soups and dinner preparations alike.
- Marinate in the morning: If you are big on marinating, we suggest you spend five minutes taking care of this task first thing in the morning. Once you are back home from work your meat will be ready to be in the oven and ready in no time with amazing flavors.
Have a tip of your own that will make dinner preparation easy. Share with us by commenting below.
Need groceries? Order now using Burpy.
We often go to the grocery store without an aim of picking up nutrition. Eat healthy food requires deliberate decisions and meal planning hence should be at the top of our lists. Here are some reasons why should make meal-planning a priority in your household:
- Enhance your nutrition: By taking the time to plan your meals, you can aim to have well- balanced and nutritious meals during the week. The practice will ensure you are in better control of what you’re feeding your body. A balanced meal plan will help you curb cravings and ensure a healthier body and mind.
- Make and stick to healthier choices: Have you been so hungry that you ended up eating a lot more than you anticipated? We have all been there. The reason why most people end up overeating and unhealthy is because we do not make conscious and informed decisions about what we feed our body. Meal planning is the most effective way to resolve this problem.
- Complement your fitness routine: If you are friends with anybody who is trying to lose weight, you are most likely aware of the fact that meal-planning tops the chart in their to-do lists. Meal planning can help you control your calorie intake in an effective manner.
- Save money and time: Meal planning will prevent you from throwing produce and ingredients lying in the fridge. Also, if you are ready with your grocery list, you are most likely to get out of the grocery store in less than 30 minutes. In the long run, meal planning will save you tons of money and time.
- Finally, avoid stress: We all know the stress of preparing meals last minute. You can bid goodbye to stress finally with meal planning.
Make meal planning an important part of your lifestyle today. Order your groceries from Burpy.
- Easy as a Sunday morning: Even if you are not a selfie addict, we are certain you end up spending 60 minutes on an average on your phone daily. Online grocery shopping means you are in the grocery store virtually. This means can shop for the groceries with one click of a button, it also means you need not get up from the couch for the tedious task of grocery shopping.
- You will save money: When you shop online, shopping is always more intentional. What it means is that you are less likely to spend on an impulse than when you are in the store physically. We think it’s a great plus.
- Save time: Online grocery shopping will save you over two hours each week along with fuel. It’s often said wasted time is worse than wasted money and we couldn’t agree more. Additional time can be devoted to relaxing, learning new things or finally starting your own project.
- Because finally, the task of picking produce will belong to someone else: Let’s face it not all of us are champions we think we are in picking produce. Most of us get by the task just fine. The personal shoppers are typically passionate about the task of picking groceries and make the effort of delivering only the best to your doorstep.
- No more wait in the checkout lane: Can you imagine grocery shopping without having to wait in the checkout lane? With online grocery shopping, you can. Even during vacations and the busy festive season.
Looking to pick this week’s grocery supplies, log in to Burpy.com today.