Back to school means hustle and bustle, preparing the kids for their first day at school, and ensuring they have the right supplies for a successful start. What this also means is that they will need a big dose of nutrition as their activity level will surge and they will be spending a lot of time away from home.
Proper nutrition plays a critical role in the defining the health of your child. Besides – age and gender one must take into consideration the level of activity before meal planning. Here are some aspects you must take into consideration while planning your child’s diet-
- Fiber – keeps the digestive tract healthy, include plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Calcium – In addition to bone building and maintaining its health calcium helps blood clot, nerves send messages and muscles contract. It’s imperative to include good sources of calcium in the diet of kids growing up. Low fat dairy products, rhubarb, spinach, collard greens, and sardines are great sources of calcium.
- Vitamin E- The most potent anti oxidant, it helps protect cells against damage caused by free radicals. Nuts, seeds, wheat germ oil and vegetable oils are all a good source of Vitamin E.
- Organic Food : Switch to cleaner eating for your children. Introduce them to organic food if you haven’t already.
- Magnesium – This important mineral supports the immune system and helps maintain muscle and nerve function. Whole grains, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and white, black beans are an excellent source of magnesium.
- Vitamin D- This critical vitamin helps absorb calcium and promote bone growth. Sunshine, fortified dairy and juice, cod liver oil, salmon, tuna and mackerel are good sources to acquire vitamin D.
Think we missed out on something? Share it with us by commenting below.
If you are still waiting to snag your Back to School supplies, wait no more, order it using Burpy.