Hot dogs are a must have a staple at every summer BBQ. On the National Hot Dog day. Here are fun facts about Hotdogs!
American favorite – Hot Dogs
- Hot dogs are not just American favorites, they also originated in the US. Sausages themselves are from Germany, but it was an American genius who thought about putting them in a bun.
- The origin of the word hot dog still remains a mystery. There are several theories but not a clear one yet.
- Selling hot dogs at a baseball game dates back to 1880s. Hence, it’s no surprise that baseball fans are the biggest hot dog consumers.
- Mustard sauce is the most popular hot dog topping followed by ketchup.
- Hotdogs have traveled to space – NASA has approved hot dogs as a regular item on Apollo moon flights, Skylab missions, and space shuttle flights. Phew!!
- New Yorkers eat the most hot dogs, more than any other city in the country.
Have an interesting fact about hot dogs that we missed mentioning here. Share it with us.
Get the supplies you need to make a hot dog delivered using Burpy.
No matter which team you are supporting, one thing every football fan agrees on is tailgating. We all look forward to it and put long hours in planning a perfect pre-game ritual. Having a good time in the parking lot outside the stadium with great drinks, food and face paint can be a lot of fun. We are here to help you take the fun a notch higher and plan it to perfection with our tailgating checklist:
- A good cooler: This is most essential part of your tailgating gear. Everything you need to stock goes in the cooler, so make sure you are investing in the one that’s right for you.
- Sunscreen and something comfortable to sit on: You will be spending significant amount outdoors, these two are going to be critical to your whole experience.
- Music: Great music is critical to any good party and tailgating is no exception to this rule. Bring music that you and your friends will enjoy
- Grill: It is a crime to not have a grill at a tailgate party. Make sure you have one that can cater everyone who is part of your party.
- Food and Drinks: This one is pretty standard bring beers, ribs,hamburgers, hotdogs, dips and sauces, wings and anything else you can think of.
Order your favorite tailgating food essentials from Burpy today.
Photo via rockland411.com
Happy Fourth of July to everyone! As we reflect on all things American and celebrate the birth of our nation, it is worthwhile to pause and consider how we arrived where we are today. Specifically, where did hamburgers and hot dogs come from?