Every grocery shopper has stepped into Kroger at some point. The Kroger Company (Kroger) is United States second-largest general retailer (after Walmart) and one 20 largest companies in the country. Bernard Kroger founded the retailing giant in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Over the year Kroger has earned the reputation for being a retail store with the friendliest staff, technologically advanced apps and amazing rebates and coupons. Here are three reasons why we at Burpy love delivering from Kroger:
Private Selection™ and Simply Truth®: Every grocery store now offers it’s very own private labels. It’s not a novelty anymore. Some more than others but it will be rare not to find owned private brands by a retail store anymore. Kroger offers some of the best selection of owned brands including Big K®, Wholesome@Home™, Fresh Selections by Kroger®, Home Sense®, Comforts for Baby®, Private Selection™ and Simple Truth®. Both the latter brands enjoy wide popularity amongst grocery shoppers, but Simple Truth® has become more and more popular in the past couple of months owing to the extensive selection and being a budget-friendly organic brand. Private Selection is Kroger’s gourmet food line. They offer some of the most exceptional sauces, dressings, and marinades! If you haven’t already tried one, we urge you to do that as soon as possible. Believe us you won’t regret it
Kroger App: More and more shoppers now enjoy online grocery shopping. We can’t rave enough about the Kroger App. If you were too lazy to try it until now. You are missing out on some great deals. You can download the app and have the digital coupons and the weekly savings ads at your fingertips while grocery shopping. We bet you love savings as much as we do.
Kroger Loyalty Card: If you are someone who doesn’t sign up for loyalty programs because all it does is spam your inbox, we suggest you make an exception for this one. In addition to saving a great deal of money, you will get access to all the exclusive deals meant for Kroger loyalty card. When you’re checking out at the store, swipe or scan your loyalty card, and all your loaded manufacturer coupons will apply to your total. Kroger stores offer a digital free-item coupon that can be added to your loyalty card and redeemed within two weeks.
Friendly Staff: Kroger has one of the most welcoming staff we have ever come across. They are always helpful, easy to interact with and ready to go the extra mile for the customers. Believe us our shoppers deliver hundreds of orders every day in Texas and they are all praises for the Kroger team.
Can you think of more reasons to love Kroger? If yes, comment below to share with us.
Mother’s Day is a wonderful time to pause and reflect on your precious mom. Are you still trying to figure out how to make her feel special this weekend? A wine, dinner or a bouquet of flowers?
But, the most priceless gift that you can your mother doesn’t cost a penny: It’s making her your priority once in a while. Read along if you are still struggling zero in on a perfect gift for her:
- Gift a day for herself: Women are the prime takers in the family, they never take a day off. Holidays and vacations usually mean more work for mom’s. Give her a day off where she can do whatever she wants to do. Watch her favorite series on television, spend a day in the spa pampering herself or enjoy drinks with her favorite gals.
- A day with you: You know what mom’s love – a day spent with their children. As we grow old, we tend to spend less and less time with our parents. They don’t necessarily complain, but every once in a while, spending time just with them without any distractions can be a great Mother’s Day gift. Plan a day of working out together, cooking a great meal for her or simply take her out shopping.
- Get her groceries delivered: This is one thing that not all mom’s love. It’s a weekly chore that can’t be ignored for obvious reasons. How giving her a break from this tedious task. Make use of technology and order her essentials from the store she likes using a grocery delivery service (Burpy). If she is new to the concept of online grocery shopping, we bet she would love the convenience of it.
- Write her a note: We never see a handwritten note anymore. Write a meaningful letter to her about how special she is to you. You don’t need to be a prolific writer to do this, be honest and we are sure your mother would love it.
Have a unique idea that should be here? Tell us by commenting below.
Grocery shopping can be an overwhelming weekly mission. You make numerous significant decisions about the nutritional requirements of your family during what seems like the most insignificant task of the week – grocery shopping.
You are often bombarded with a plethora of choices at grocery stores – sugar-free vs regular desserts? Gluten-free vs whole wheat? GMO vs Non-GMO foods? frozen vs fresh? One big question we all can relate to is organic is really better than conventional options? Let’s understand.
There is an increasing amount of research available online that clearly explains why organic food is better. United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certification mandates that for any food to be called organic it should be grown without chemical pesticides and be free of GMOs. Hence, it is not just a fancy label, but a clear indication of how the produce or product has been developed. This is also the reason why organic food is often more expensive. Here are some foods that you should consider buying organic-
- Strawberries: They are constantly ranked as top food contaminated with pesticides. Strawberries have a short shelf life, hence even if you store them in the best way possible they don’t last more than 7-8 days. Consider washing them with a mix of water and apple cider winner and try investing in organic strawberries.
- Apples: They are often highly contaminated because of the pesticide spraying process. You often think washing is enough to remove the pesticides from the outer layer of the fruit but it is not enough. Switch to organic apples and see the difference.
- Grapes: Naturally sweet and high in vitamins, eating grapes has several benefits. Unfortunately, they are also contaminated with strong pesticides. Wash them thoroughly before eating and select organic grapes over conventional options.
- Spinach: If you are a salad lover, spinach will inevitably find its way in your kitchen. However, do you know a significant 97% conventional spinach sample contains pesticide residue? It can be detrimental to your health in the long run.
- Tomatoes: This humble produce is often part of every meal in the household. Since it is practically used in every dish it is important to make sure you use the healthiest and most chemical-free option available and therefore we recommend organic tomatoes highly.
- Dairy: If you are a home that loves its smoothies, cheese toast, and Greek yogurt. We recommend reaching out for organic dairy supplies – milk, cheese, yogurt,eggs. Certified organic dairy means the product is growth hormones free and cows did not receive any antibiotics.
If you are on a budget, reaching out for organic options can be a tricky task. We suggest starting small before introducing any big changes.
Think we should include something in our list? Tell us by commenting below.
Order your organic food supplies with Burpy.
Burpy App is here
IT’S FINALLY HERE!
We are so excited to announce that after months of hard work and sleepless nights we have launched– our very own Burpy Mobile App.
If you are someone who leads a busy life, a working mom or just someone who would rather spend time doing important tasks than grocery shopping, you are going to LOVE our app!
Our app is an extension of our website, it allows you to:
- Access your favorite grocery store anytime from your mobile
- Receive same-day grocery delivery by our personal shoppers
- Save time and money
- Receive automated notifications about latest offers
- Free to download
Everyone is loving the Burpy app and we know you will too! Download yours today! Share with friends!
Receive $10 off on your first order via the app.
Produce is at this peak in summer! What this means is that you can eat your way to a better health easily during this season. So, load up your plates with the best this season has to offer –
- Summer Squash
- Sweet Peppers
- Stone Fruits
- Green Beans
Think our list is incomplete? Let us know by commenting below.
Order your summer produce and other grocery essentials from Burpy to receive doorstep delivery.
Mother’s Day is a really special day not just for moms but also for children. No child can deny that their mom deserves at least one day of pampering. However, sometimes it is nearly impossible to describe everything that makes our moms special. Try expressing your feelings through a greeting card – seems like something is missing, right?
A mother is the first teacher every child has. It starts with her teaching you how to speak, eat or walk. Unlike other teachers, this one never gives up. She will continue teaching you life lessons even after you have your own kids. She is persistent.
She is also the first friend you had. The one who stood by you even before the first day of school and the one who was there with you all through your awkward years. She was also there for you when you transitioned from school to university to the corporate world. She’s been your lifelong cheerleader.
She is the first stylist you had. She dressed you in the most fashionable clothes and made sure you had the cutest haircuts. She also photographed all your famous outfits which now contribute to all your Throwback Thursday pictures on Instagram!
She is also the first Masterchef who cooked for you! She was the genius who thought about serving vegetables hidden in mac & cheese. And let’s not forget how she used to always nail the cooking pressure test after work by serving you meals in flat 30 minutes!
Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner, why don’t you surprise your mom with something special? Something that not only pampers her but expresses your love and gratitude. Have her favorite grocery essentials delivered at her doorstep from a Burpy personal shopper!
Unless you are superhuman, you like many of us look forward to the weekend. The definition of a weekend has changed for each of us. It is becoming less and less recreational and more and more about finally catching up with abandoned errands. However, this weekend we want you to make yourself a priority and upgrade it like a boss. Here are five things you can do to get started.
- Yoga: You probably already know about the benefits of exercising. We all make a resolution to eat healthily and exercise as the year begins but our resolve does not last as days go by. If going to the gym seems like a task, get active doing Yoga. All you need is a mat and small space in your home to get started or and believe us the benefits are many. If you are feeling particularly adventurous – make friends with nature and practice yoga outdoors.
- Picnic: Make memories, gather you family and finally have a picnic that’s been long pending on your family’s to-do list.
- Volunteer: No rolling eyes! We know weekend means finally time for yourself but there is something great about volunteering. It gives you a chance to meet new people while giving back to the community. It’s a win- win. Look for an animal rescue, adult tutoring or any other cause close to your heart. Get started.
- Make a delicious meal: Let’s face it, cooking is a chore we all get by every day. As time goes by we all spend less and less time thinking about how we want to cook and more and more time thinking about what we should cook quickly. Make a Big deal about one meal this weekend. Take your pick – breakfast, lunch or dinner but make a delicious meal this weekend.
- Skip the grocery store: Finally, skip going to the grocery store this weekend and try an online delivery service that can make your life easy and allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones. We recommend Burpy for obvious reasons.
Have an activity that can make someone’s weekend great. Don’t forget to share it by commenting below. Happy Weekend.
If your goal is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, organic food will be your ally in this journey. Traditionally it is believed to be more expensive than commercially grown food, but consuming organic foods are a smart priority. Here’s why you must include more and more organic food in your diet every day. Read why -
- Fewer Chemicals: One of the top benefits of eating organically grown food is escaping a lot of chemicals commercially grown food possesses. Although the chemical pesticides are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency they are still harmful to the body in the long run.
- More Nutrients: The nutritional value of organic food is way higher than commercially grown food. They possess more nutrients – minerals, vitamins, and micronutrients.
- Enjoy better flavors: Organic food tastes better and retains original taste owing to less exposure to chemicals. You must try it to believe us.
- Safe for Children: Children are more susceptible to the harm done by chemicals than adults and thus Organic food is safer than commercially grown food for children.
- Supports Wildlife: The commercially grown food not only harms human beings but also wildlife, in the long run, organic food supports wildlife.
- Organic meat lessens your exposure to antibiotics and synthetic hormones that find their way into the animals and into you through them.
So, the next time you are out grocery shopping try and include more and more organic food in your diet and kitchen or allow Burpy to deliver at your doorstep.
Every household spends significant time grocery shopping each week, especially mom’s who spend most of their weekend grocery shopping. Online grocery shopping has changed the way grocery shopping has been done forever.This means we can now simply order the groceries online and spend time doing things we love. This is a lovely convenience but since we are looking at our kitchen essentials online, we are bound to miss out on nutritional aspects of the food.
Here is a simple guide that will help moms and everyone else understands what to look for while picking up groceries online:
- Organics: Organic food simply means that the food has had less exposure to chemicals and therefore is a healthier option to consume. One can always turn to organic options for food that is consumed in larger quantities at home such as – milk, produce, eggs.
- Unprocessed Food: Unprocessed food is always more expensive than the processed food but also a better option to replace refined, heavily processed foods from the diet.
- Food Labels: It is important to always read the food labels of the items that will be stocked in your kitchen. We all are wired to pick up the first thing that comes in our hand without reading the labels. More so when we are shopping groceries online. Always make it a point that you are familiar with the ingredients that form an item.
- Produce and Fruits: Greens and fruits should be part of your kid’s meal every day and hence make sure they are part of your online grocery shopping cart.
Think we missed out on something?Don’t forget to mention it by commenting below.Have your own grocery to pickup? Order your groceries online without leaving your home using Burpy this weekend.
Halloween or as some say ‘annual candy grab’ festival is here. If you are a busy mom, working professional or someone who has just been plain lazy to stock Halloween candies help is at hand. You can still order it from Burpy and make it in time before the little trick-o-treaters arrive at your doorstep tonight.
- Reese Peanut Butter Cup Candy
- Dove Dark Chocolate Candy
- Hot Tamales Chewy Candies Fierce Cinnamon
- Peeps & Co Ghosts Marshmallow Peeps
- Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Cookie’s ‘n’ Creme Candy Bars
- Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
- M&M’s Chocolate Candies
- Twix Minis
Think we missed out on your favorite candy in our list. Do let us by commenting below.