Every grocery shopper has stepped into Kroger at some point. The Kroger Company (Kroger) is United States second-largest general retailer (after Walmart) and one 20 largest companies in the country. Bernard Kroger founded the retailing giant in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Over the year Kroger has earned the reputation for being a retail store with the friendliest staff, technologically advanced apps and amazing rebates and coupons. Here are three reasons why we at Burpy love delivering from Kroger:
Private Selection™ and Simply Truth®: Every grocery store now offers it’s very own private labels. It’s not a novelty anymore. Some more than others but it will be rare not to find owned private brands by a retail store anymore. Kroger offers some of the best selection of owned brands including Big K®, Wholesome@Home™, Fresh Selections by Kroger®, Home Sense®, Comforts for Baby®, Private Selection™ and Simple Truth®. Both the latter brands enjoy wide popularity amongst grocery shoppers, but Simple Truth® has become more and more popular in the past couple of months owing to the extensive selection and being a budget-friendly organic brand. Private Selection is Kroger’s gourmet food line. They offer some of the most exceptional sauces, dressings, and marinades! If you haven’t already tried one, we urge you to do that as soon as possible. Believe us you won’t regret it
Kroger App: More and more shoppers now enjoy online grocery shopping. We can’t rave enough about the Kroger App. If you were too lazy to try it until now. You are missing out on some great deals. You can download the app and have the digital coupons and the weekly savings ads at your fingertips while grocery shopping. We bet you love savings as much as we do.
Kroger Loyalty Card: If you are someone who doesn’t sign up for loyalty programs because all it does is spam your inbox, we suggest you make an exception for this one. In addition to saving a great deal of money, you will get access to all the exclusive deals meant for Kroger loyalty card. When you’re checking out at the store, swipe or scan your loyalty card, and all your loaded manufacturer coupons will apply to your total. Kroger stores offer a digital free-item coupon that can be added to your loyalty card and redeemed within two weeks.
Friendly Staff: Kroger has one of the most welcoming staff we have ever come across. They are always helpful, easy to interact with and ready to go the extra mile for the customers. Believe us our shoppers deliver hundreds of orders every day in Texas and they are all praises for the Kroger team.
Can you think of more reasons to love Kroger? If yes, comment below to share with us.
We bet you didn’t know these fun facts about mousse. Up your mousse knowledge with these fun facts:
- The word “mousse” is the French word for “froth” or “foam”. A name that aptly fits the dish considering it’s a light, fluffy, and decadent confection.
- The alphabet ‘u’ is silent in the word Mousse, it is pronounced as “moose.”
- The most popular mousse dish is Chocolate mousse and April 3rd and May 2nd are officially dedicated to celebrating the yumminess of this dessert.
- National mousse day is officially celebrated on November 30th of each year.
- Mousse is a French dish that first came into being in the 18th century. As the time went by, a variety of mousses were developed in the 19th century.
- The first written record of chocolate mousse in the United States comes from a Food Exposition held at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1892.
Think we missed a fun fact about mousse? Share with us by commenting below
Need groceries? Order now from Burpy.
Getting dinner on the table during the week can be a difficult task. Meal-planning and grocery shopping are just the first steps in the whole process. Preparing healthy dinner while you are juggling a busy schedule can be nearly impossible. Whether it’s just soup or salad or a three-course meal we are sure these hacks will help make the task easy:
- Use the Microwave: Often used for reheating food, microwave can be a real-life savior if you are looking to save time. Let’s say you want to bake potatoes or veggies, this task could take about 45 minutes in the oven compared to 20 minutes in the microwave. We think that’s a significant time to have for yourself :-). Agree?
- Invest in prepped vegetables. Grocery stores are full of them, you can get about any vegetable on your list in a prepped state now –mushroom, carrots, broccoli florets and more. You can also find pre-washed spinach. You will save loads of time.
- Salad mix can be your friend: If you are a salad eater, you can find a range of salad mixes in the grocery store. You don’t need to wash or chop. Believe us you won’t regret investing your time stocking these. Plus, you can try a whole new range every week.
- Frozen veggies and meals: Frozen vegetables and meals can come to your rescue every once in a while. Especially if you are cooking for one or two people. You can use them in soups and dinner preparations alike.
- Marinate in the morning: If you are big on marinating, we suggest you spend five minutes taking care of this task first thing in the morning. Once you are back home from work your meat will be ready to be in the oven and ready in no time with amazing flavors.
Have a tip of your own that will make dinner preparation easy. Share with us by commenting below.
Need groceries? Order now using Burpy.
We have a BIG news to share. After an intense couple of weeks at Burpy which involved sleepless nights, brainstorming sessions and lots of hard work, we are finally ready to launch our official mobile app in the coming few days.
Hold on! We know what you are thinking. Another app!!
Believe us this will not just be another app on your mobile. Through our app, you will have access to your favorite grocery stores (Walmart, Kroger, H-E-B, Central Market, Whole Foods and PetcoNow) at your fingertips. What does this mean? You can now browse any of these stores at your convenience, order (grocery essentials) and receive delivery by our personal shoppers the same day.
Easy navigation and usability of the app will make the grocery shopping experience more convenient than ever for you.
Watch this space – more info is on the way.
Mother’s Day is a really special day not just for moms but also for children. No child can deny that their mom deserves at least one day of pampering. However, sometimes it is nearly impossible to describe everything that makes our moms special. Try expressing your feelings through a greeting card – seems like something is missing, right?
A mother is the first teacher every child has. It starts with her teaching you how to speak, eat or walk. Unlike other teachers, this one never gives up. She will continue teaching you life lessons even after you have your own kids. She is persistent.
She is also the first friend you had. The one who stood by you even before the first day of school and the one who was there with you all through your awkward years. She was also there for you when you transitioned from school to university to the corporate world. She’s been your lifelong cheerleader.
She is the first stylist you had. She dressed you in the most fashionable clothes and made sure you had the cutest haircuts. She also photographed all your famous outfits which now contribute to all your Throwback Thursday pictures on Instagram!
She is also the first Masterchef who cooked for you! She was the genius who thought about serving vegetables hidden in mac & cheese. And let’s not forget how she used to always nail the cooking pressure test after work by serving you meals in flat 30 minutes!
Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner, why don’t you surprise your mom with something special? Something that not only pampers her but expresses your love and gratitude. Have her favorite grocery essentials delivered at her doorstep from a Burpy personal shopper!
If you have been grocery shopping with us, you have already met one of our wonderful personal shoppers. Our shoppers have perfected the art of simplifying ‘your life’. Here is everything you need to know about them, let us know what you think -
- Give you the ‘Me-Time’: A few years ago who would have thought assigning the simple task of weekly grocery shopping to someone else can buy you the much needed ‘me-time’. We all need to recharge timely, it is known to boost our productivity and keep our creative side alive. Our personal shoppers make this happen all the time.
- They love ‘shopping’ groceries: We all love shopping, but do we all love grocery shopping? We don’t think so. However, our personal shoppers are self-confessed grocery shopping loves <3. They are in it for the love of fresh PRODUCE!
- They put in more efforts: How many times have you skipped on buying something because you couldn’t find in the store or were simply too impatient. All too many times, right? Our shoppers know how to get you exactly what you need and from where if they can’t find it in your favorite grocery store.
- Erratic hours: Our personal shoppers work around the clock. They work on a non-traditional schedule; this means they work harder during holidays to deliver your kitchen essentials.
- Grocery fanatics: They know a good produce from bad. They are geniuses at reading food labels, this means their food recommendations are as good as Google if not better. :-)
- They love to hear from you: We are not exaggerating when we say this, believe us or not they have some amazing stories to share from their experiences while interacting with you all. They say it brightens their day. <3
If you have a memory to share while you interacted with our shoppers, don’t forget to tell us by commenting below.
Are you on a journey of adopting a lifestyle change? Bringing about a lifestyle change is never easy; it calls for dedication and discipline. What this means is that one must embrace big and small changes alike. A small yet vital change that could complement your lifestyle change journey is what you drink.
Yes, you heard us right. You will find a gamut of information on what to eat but not so much on what to drink. Here is a simple guide to what you should be drinking to be healthier:
- Water – Did you know you aren’t hungry every time you eat? What this means is that we all have the tendency to eat when we are actually simply thirsty. To address this you must consciously make an effort to increase your water intake to at least 7-8 glasses of water per day. Drinking water before meals will also help restrain your hunger significantly.
- Green Tea – if you are a caffeine lover, you are probably already consuming about 3-4 coffees in a day. Try replacing it with Green Tea; It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have positive effects on the body. What you will witness is enhanced brain function along with the significant fat loss. It’s a win-win we say.
- Skim Milk: We are all aware of the super powers of Milk. It is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin D. In place of whole milk opt for Skim Milk, Soy Milk or Almond Milk. This will ensure you get all the nutrients and vitamins of milk minus the fat.
- Vegetable Juice – Replace your fruit juices with vegetable juices. You will not only keep the sugar at bay and rapidly increase your fiber intake. Vegetables are also known to alkalize your system to help maintain the delicate pH balance that contributes to optimal health.
Get every drink you need at your doorstep using Burpy.
Winters are here and so is the seasonal produce. Here are some vegetables that should be part of your winter meals:
- Brussels Sprouts: This vegetable has amazing disease-fighting phytochemicals and is a rich source of Vitamin C and K. Native to Brussels, Belgium, this vegetable could once be enjoyed in every nook and corner of Europe. An excellent source of vitamin B6, omega fatty acids, copper and calcium, this vegetable is best enjoyed steamed.
- Avocados: Rich in fiber and iron, avocados are a great source of vitamins A, C and E. They contain ‘good fats’ including mono saturated fat which can reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack. They are delicious raw and cooked.
- Turnip Greens: A loaded source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, copper, calcium, and dietary fiber this vegetable is a must in your winter diet. All the nutrients help fight rheumatoid arthritis, colorectal cancer, and atherosclerosis.
- Broccoli: A cruciferous vegetable, Broccoli contains glucosinolates and the carotenoid, lutein. Broccoli is a good source of phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and E. Considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world, it can be part of your salads, soups or main course.
- Cabbage: In ancient Greece and Rome, cabbage was considered a cure-all for a myriad of health conditions. Cabbage is known the world over for its remarkable anti-cancer properties, it is also a tremendous source of vitamins A and C.
Make sure you make the most of the winter produce, order all you need from Burpy.
We often go to the grocery store without an aim of picking up nutrition. Eat healthy food requires deliberate decisions and meal planning hence should be at the top of our lists. Here are some reasons why should make meal-planning a priority in your household:
- Enhance your nutrition: By taking the time to plan your meals, you can aim to have well- balanced and nutritious meals during the week. The practice will ensure you are in better control of what you’re feeding your body. A balanced meal plan will help you curb cravings and ensure a healthier body and mind.
- Make and stick to healthier choices: Have you been so hungry that you ended up eating a lot more than you anticipated? We have all been there. The reason why most people end up overeating and unhealthy is because we do not make conscious and informed decisions about what we feed our body. Meal planning is the most effective way to resolve this problem.
- Complement your fitness routine: If you are friends with anybody who is trying to lose weight, you are most likely aware of the fact that meal-planning tops the chart in their to-do lists. Meal planning can help you control your calorie intake in an effective manner.
- Save money and time: Meal planning will prevent you from throwing produce and ingredients lying in the fridge. Also, if you are ready with your grocery list, you are most likely to get out of the grocery store in less than 30 minutes. In the long run, meal planning will save you tons of money and time.
- Finally, avoid stress: We all know the stress of preparing meals last minute. You can bid goodbye to stress finally with meal planning.
Make meal planning an important part of your lifestyle today. Order your groceries from Burpy.
If your goal is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, organic food will be your ally in this journey. Traditionally it is believed to be more expensive than commercially grown food, but consuming organic foods are a smart priority. Here’s why you must include more and more organic food in your diet every day. Read why -
- Fewer Chemicals: One of the top benefits of eating organically grown food is escaping a lot of chemicals commercially grown food possesses. Although the chemical pesticides are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency they are still harmful to the body in the long run.
- More Nutrients: The nutritional value of organic food is way higher than commercially grown food. They possess more nutrients – minerals, vitamins, and micronutrients.
- Enjoy better flavors: Organic food tastes better and retains original taste owing to less exposure to chemicals. You must try it to believe us.
- Safe for Children: Children are more susceptible to the harm done by chemicals than adults and thus Organic food is safer than commercially grown food for children.
- Supports Wildlife: The commercially grown food not only harms human beings but also wildlife, in the long run, organic food supports wildlife.
- Organic meat lessens your exposure to antibiotics and synthetic hormones that find their way into the animals and into you through them.
So, the next time you are out grocery shopping try and include more and more organic food in your diet and kitchen or allow Burpy to deliver at your doorstep.