Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Here is some cool history about your favorite chocolate chip cookie-
- Fifty-three percent of American adults prefer chocolate chip cookies over peanut butter cookies (13%). We all know who is the clear American favorite based on the numbers.
- The world’s biggest chocolate chip was created in 2003 by The Immaculate Baking Company in Flat Rock, North Carolina. The cookie weighed 40,000 pounds and had a diameter of 101 feet.
- The chocolate chip cookie was created by an accident. The classic cookie was born when Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts, added broken chocolate bar pieces into her cookie batter thinking that they would melt. They didn’t and the result is being enjoyed by the world over.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies were originally named “Butterdrop Do Cookies and renamed in 1936.
- The creator of the cookie – Ruth Wakefield was paid for her recipe with a lifetime supply of chocolate from Nestlé. A great deal, would you agree?
Have an interesting fact you would like to share? Don’t forget to comment below.
Have Chocolate Chip Cookies delivered using Burpy.