If you are a taco lover like us you will enjoy reading these facts-
- The word “taco” literally translates to “plug” or “wad” a small hole, it also translates to “light lunch” in Mexican Spanish
- The word “taco” originated in the 18th century at silver mines in Mexico. Back then, a taco was simply a paper wrapped around gunpowder. Fortunately, we all relish a much delicious version if taco now.
- Although taco made its way to the US only in early 20th century. Americans officially love taco and ate over 4.5 billion tacos last year! That’s 490,000 miles of tacos.
- The hard shell taco was invented in 1947 because corn tortillas didn’t stay fresh for long.
- The first taco party in history was held in 1520 by Hernan Cortes.
Have a fun taco fact? Don’t forget to share by commenting below.