Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Here is some cool history about your favorite chocolate chip cookie-
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fifty-three percent of American adults prefer chocolate chip cookies over peanut butter cookies (13%). We all know who is the clear American favorite based on the numbers.
- The world’s biggest chocolate chip was created in 2003 by The Immaculate Baking Company in Flat Rock, North Carolina. The cookie weighed 40,000 pounds and had a diameter of 101 feet.
- The chocolate chip cookie was created by an accident. The classic cookie was born when Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts, added broken chocolate bar pieces into her cookie batter thinking that they would melt. They didn’t and the result is being enjoyed by the world over.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies were originally named “Butterdrop Do Cookies and renamed in 1936.
- The creator of the cookie – Ruth Wakefield was paid for her recipe with a lifetime supply of chocolate from Nestlé. A great deal, would you agree?
Have an interesting fact you would like to share? Don’t forget to comment below.
Have Chocolate Chip Cookies delivered using Burpy.
Hot dogs are a must have a staple at every summer BBQ. On the National Hot Dog day. Here are fun facts about Hotdogs!
American favorite – Hot Dogs
- Hot dogs are not just American favorites, they also originated in the US. Sausages themselves are from Germany, but it was an American genius who thought about putting them in a bun.
- The origin of the word hot dog still remains a mystery. There are several theories but not a clear one yet.
- Selling hot dogs at a baseball game dates back to 1880s. Hence, it’s no surprise that baseball fans are the biggest hot dog consumers.
- Mustard sauce is the most popular hot dog topping followed by ketchup.
- Hotdogs have traveled to space – NASA has approved hot dogs as a regular item on Apollo moon flights, Skylab missions, and space shuttle flights. Phew!!
- New Yorkers eat the most hot dogs, more than any other city in the country.
Have an interesting fact about hot dogs that we missed mentioning here. Share it with us.
Get the supplies you need to make a hot dog delivered using Burpy.
Christmas is the time to be merry and enjoy the much-required break with the family. As your loved ones gather to appreciate the festivities, here are our party hacks to keep things less stressful-
- Be preference ready: Big family means varied preferences. One can’t be always ready for last minute requests but being well prepared never hurts anyone. Our recommendation would be to make a simple phone call to your loved ones and be preference proof for the party.
- More hands mean less work: We all want to ensure a seamless and perfect experience for our guests at home during Christmas. However, working around the clock and catering to everyone’s need is not an easy task. The easy solution to this problem is to take support from everyone at home. This means – more hands for shopping, decorating the table and even cooking.
- Keep it simple: You heard it; we all want to be perfect hosts and the simplest way to achieve this goal is to simplify our tasks. Have classier yet shorter menus to achieve more in lesser time. The aim should be to have shorter to-do lists.
- Self-serve: The idea of spending your own party fixing drinks for your guests doesn’t sound very tempting. Does it? Set up an easy-to-make cocktail bar for your guests. This will solve half of your problems if not all of them.
- Enjoy: We know having fun is the last thing on anyone’s mind when they are busy planning perfect hosts. Your aim should be to enjoy the very best of everything you are doing. If you are enjoying, so will your guests.
To reduce the task of last minute grocery shopping, trust Burpy with the task.
If you are a taco lover like us you will enjoy reading these facts-
- The word “taco” literally translates to “plug” or “wad” a small hole, it also translates to “light lunch” in Mexican Spanish
- The word “taco” originated in the 18th century at silver mines in Mexico. Back then, a taco was simply a paper wrapped around gunpowder. Fortunately, we all relish a much delicious version if taco now.
- Although taco made its way to the US only in early 20th century. Americans officially love taco and ate over 4.5 billion tacos last year! That’s 490,000 miles of tacos.
- The hard shell taco was invented in 1947 because corn tortillas didn’t stay fresh for long.
- The first taco party in history was held in 1520 by Hernan Cortes.
Have a fun taco fact? Don’t forget to share by commenting below.
Photo via rockland411.com
Happy Fourth of July to everyone! As we reflect on all things American and celebrate the birth of our nation, it is worthwhile to pause and consider how we arrived where we are today. Specifically, where did hamburgers and hot dogs come from?