Summer is here and – It’s officially the season of iced tea.
Nothing comes close to this refreshing beverage in summer. Love it or not, the fact is it’s difficult not to relish it in the scorching Texas heat. If you aren’t already an iced tea fan, we encourage you to spend time trying to find your ‘flavor’ in the grocery aisles. We bet you will find something you that you like. June is official National Iced Tea month, and we have some facts to share with you:
- June 12 is the National Iced Tea month.
- In early 1700s Tea was a favorite ingredient in alcoholic punches. Some of the famous historical recipes that used tea are Regent’s Punch and South Asian liquor.
- Sweet tea’s popularity can be traced back to the late 1800s. The first non-alcoholic iced tea recipe originated in 1876.
- Iced tea’s gained significant popularity in the early 1900s, after visitors to the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis took a liking to its flavors.
- Tea can and should be paired with foods that bring out the most of its taste. Like wine, the flavor of tea is recognized worldwide to enhance the natural flavor of the food.
- Today, iced tea accounts for 84 percent of all the beverage consumed in the United States and is a $5.2 billion industry.
Thirsty reading about iced tea? Order your’s from Burpy.