We understand this is a challenging time, and everyone wants to know what they can do to protect themselves and their families. COVID-19 is spreading rapidly, and it is crucial to follow guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control along with social distancing to curtail this pandemic. We also understand that there are specific everyday requirements such as -groceries for which you may end up going out of your home. We recommend avoiding that and relying on a grocery delivery service. However, if you must venture out, it is essential to follow safety tips to prevent the risk of catching the disease during the coronavirus pandemic:
- Plan Ahead: It is more important than ever that you spend time planning your meals. Stock supplies at least for 7-10 days when you are at the grocery. You do not want to miss one item and make multiple runs to the grocery store.
- Clean the cart: Avoid touching the carts, COVID 19 spreads through objects that might have been touched by an infected person. Spend time cleaning the cart with a sanitizing wipe before you head into the grocery store.
- Avoid putting hands on your face, nose, and mouth: You will be touching produce, frozen goods and much more inside a grocery store. Make sure you sanitize your hands after and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing: Even at the grocery store practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others.
- Wash your hands: Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds to clean your hands after coming back home.
- Wash the produce and sanitize the bought goods: You can never be too cautious when it comes to your health. Spend 5 minutes washing the produce to wash off any germs that might be sitting there and use a sanitizing wipe to clean any bottles or other essentials before you store them in the house.
We hope these tips will help keep you safe and healthy if you are grocery shopping.
Use Burpy to order your groceries now.