The most beautiful holiday of the year – ‘Christmas’ is only a few days away! If you are wondering how to host the ultimate Christmas dinner, read on…
- Be a welcoming host: We can’t emphasize enough on this. Think about this – you get invited to a Christmas dinner. As soon as you enter you see the host distressed about how far behind schedule they are and how they still to get the bacon in the oven. We bet you will be immediately on your crisis control mode. Do you want this for your guest? We bet the answer is a loud – No! A well put together dinner demands the host be welcoming, relaxed and most importantly prepared. No matter how big or small the party is.
- Be prepared: We did touch upon this in our last tip. A well-prepared host can make even the most elaborate party look easy breezy. Take the time to prepare the menu, finding caterers or finding simple recipes if you are cooking yourself, understanding any special dietary requirements, what kind of beverages do the invitees prefer. Planning can tackle a majority of your stress.
- Stock Up: We all hate storing food we know will never be consumed but make sure you are stocking plenty of food and snack (if kids are invited) without going overboard. Extra liquor, salad, cheese is all an excellent place to start.
- Invest time in picking the right menu: Food is central to a good party. Take the time to plan a full course meal from starters to dessert. You don’t want to put things off last minute that will not be enjoyed by your guests. Most of all keep the menu refreshing yet straightforward and make it easy for yourself. You don’t want to spend the entire party in the kitchen. Co-ordination is the key; schedule everything beforehand.
- Consider Tableware and Crockery: Make your dinner table an oasis complete with scented candle, ideal centerpiece, silverware, and porcelain. Being a perfect host demands attention to detail.
- Entertainment: There may be conflicting views regarding this suggestion of ours. Some of you might feel organizing games for after dinner might take away from the important family time but remember Christmas is also about the family having fun together. So we recommend some fun activities post-Christmas dinner to up your host game.
Have a tip that should be part of our list? Tell us by commenting below.
Trust Burpy personal shoppers to deliver your groceries at your doorstep to host the perfect Christmas party.