Every grocery shopper has stepped into Kroger at some point. The Kroger Company (Kroger) is United States second-largest general retailer (after Walmart) and one 20 largest companies in the country. Bernard Kroger founded the retailing giant in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Over the year Kroger has earned the reputation for being a retail store with the friendliest staff, technologically advanced apps and amazing rebates and coupons. Here are three reasons why we at Burpy love delivering from Kroger:
Private Selection™ and Simply Truth®: Every grocery store now offers it’s very own private labels. It’s not a novelty anymore. Some more than others but it will be rare not to find owned private brands by a retail store anymore. Kroger offers some of the best selection of owned brands including Big K®, Wholesome@Home™, Fresh Selections by Kroger®, Home Sense®, Comforts for Baby®, Private Selection™ and Simple Truth®. Both the latter brands enjoy wide popularity amongst grocery shoppers, but Simple Truth® has become more and more popular in the past couple of months owing to the extensive selection and being a budget-friendly organic brand. Private Selection is Kroger’s gourmet food line. They offer some of the most exceptional sauces, dressings, and marinades! If you haven’t already tried one, we urge you to do that as soon as possible. Believe us you won’t regret it
Kroger App: More and more shoppers now enjoy online grocery shopping. We can’t rave enough about the Kroger App. If you were too lazy to try it until now. You are missing out on some great deals. You can download the app and have the digital coupons and the weekly savings ads at your fingertips while grocery shopping. We bet you love savings as much as we do.
Kroger Loyalty Card: If you are someone who doesn’t sign up for loyalty programs because all it does is spam your inbox, we suggest you make an exception for this one. In addition to saving a great deal of money, you will get access to all the exclusive deals meant for Kroger loyalty card. When you’re checking out at the store, swipe or scan your loyalty card, and all your loaded manufacturer coupons will apply to your total. Kroger stores offer a digital free-item coupon that can be added to your loyalty card and redeemed within two weeks.
Friendly Staff: Kroger has one of the most welcoming staff we have ever come across. They are always helpful, easy to interact with and ready to go the extra mile for the customers. Believe us our shoppers deliver hundreds of orders every day in Texas and they are all praises for the Kroger team.
Can you think of more reasons to love Kroger? If yes, comment below to share with us.
Now that the kids are back-to-school after summer vacation we bet you are enjoying the much-needed time alone at home. However, if you are a mom that is always worried about her child’s nutrition when they are out of sight maybe you aren’t exactly thrilled and skeptical about the food choices they are making. In this case, we can help. The looming question is – Can children eat healthy, yet enjoy their favorite summer foods? The answer is – yes if they are eating the right combinations throughout the day. There is no reason for you to ban their favorite foods from your pantry. Follow our nutrition guide to make the most of the gorgeous Texas Summer.
- Healthy Rule 1: As the famous saying goes – “It starts with you”. Hence, be a good role model for your kids when it comes to nutrition. No matter how young, your kids notice the food choices you make and imitate them. So, don’t have a burger for breakfast while you expect your kids to drink a green smoothie. Endorse foods that you want your kids to eat and refrain from the foods that could prove to be detrimental for your and their health in the long run.
- Healthy Rule 2: There are parent’s that don’t introduce sugary treats to their kids until they are a certain age and then there are others who start early. Decide on which side do you want to be on. Sugar in an appropriate amount is healthy for kids overall health and development, so you don’t necessarily have to abstain them but do keep a check on how much sugar are they consuming on an everyday basis.
- Healthy Rule 3: We are all guilty of taking the easy way out when it comes to nutrition – For example, it’s easier to hand a cookie than make a smoothie for a snack. This approach might solve the immediate problem, but ultimately it will usually determine their future foods habits. Don’t get us wrong – you should never deprive your children of the fantastic food out there, but it’s important to know what to eat and when.
Three things your kids must eat this summer
- Greek Yogurt: We don’t need to recap how healthy yogurt is for the gut. If you haven’t already introduced this wonder of food in their diet, start this summer with a healthy smoothie or a shake.
- Water Melon: If you’re lucky your kids love watermelon but if you are like most of us your kids give you a hard time about eating fruits and most likely don’t come anywhere near melon. This fruit is a powerhouse of nutrition and water. Something your kids could use to beat the intense Texas heat.
- Cucumber: This humble produce can be included in the daily diet of your kids without much effort. Include it in salads, sides, green smoothies and shakes. One of the healthiest foods to eat all year round but specifically in summer due to its high-water content.
Think you need more information to make healthy choices for your kids this summer? Comment below to let us know.
Get the summer supplies for your home delivered using Burpy.