Halloween is one of our favorite holidays. Who doesn’t love the costumes, candy and pumpkin carving? What we love the most is trick-or-treating. Here are some fun facts about the much celebrated Halloween candy.
- Every state has a favorite Halloween candy, Starburst is the favorite Halloween candy of Texans.
- Candy corn is the most popular Halloween candy bought across the USA.
- Americans buy approximately over 600 million pounds of candy on Halloween.
- A kids Halloween loot bag typically has over 1,100 calories. That’s quite unhealthy.
- The traditional Halloween colors Black and Orange are the colors of the festival for a reason. Orange was chosen due to its association with the fall harvest and black due to its link with darkness.
- Trick-or-treating draws its inspiration from All Souls’ Day, where unfortunate would beg for the food and rich would donate the food and them to pray for them.
- The beloved Jack o’ Lanterns originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to dismiss haunted spirits.
Have a fun fact you would like to share? Comment below.
Get your favorite Halloween candies delivered from your preferred grocery store with Burpy.