Why shouldn’t you mess with the breakfast?
Everyone loves a wholesome breakfast. It’s considered to be the most important meal of the day. Now more than ever restaurants are extending their breakfast menus to entice new consumers every day.
Here’s why you shouldn’t mess with the most important meal of the day.
- Breakfast helps you burn calories. Yes, you read that right. Kick starting your day with the right foods will eliminate cravings. What that means is that you are less likely to consume unhealthy food throughout the day. According to researches people who consume breakfast daily eat 12% healthier than their counterparts.
- Fiber and protein are the most important factors in a healthy breakfast. The healthy breakfast should consist of whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables that can keep you energized for the day. Stay away from loading up on the carbs. Consider oats, cereals, juices etc.
- Breakfast provides cognitive functions. A healthy breakfast restores glucose levels, an essential needed for the body and brain to function aptly. Hence, it keeps diabetes at bay, aids concentration level and improves memory.
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN) states people who ate breakfast are more physically more active during the morning than those who didn’t. Another reason why you should consume breakfast within first two hours of waking up.
- Studies prove people who eat healthy breakfast, make smarter eating choices throughout the day. They consumer more vitamins, minerals and fiber throughout the day.
Have a fun fact to share about breakfast with us? Don’t forget to comment below.
Unless you are superhuman, you like many of us look forward to the weekend. The definition of a weekend has changed for each of us. It is becoming less and less recreational and more and more about finally catching up with abandoned errands. However, this weekend we want you to make yourself a priority and upgrade it like a boss. Here are five things you can do to get started.
- Yoga: You probably already know about the benefits of exercising. We all make a resolution to eat healthily and exercise as the year begins but our resolve does not last as days go by. If going to the gym seems like a task, get active doing Yoga. All you need is a mat and small space in your home to get started or and believe us the benefits are many. If you are feeling particularly adventurous – make friends with nature and practice yoga outdoors.
- Picnic: Make memories, gather you family and finally have a picnic that’s been long pending on your family’s to-do list.
- Volunteer: No rolling eyes! We know weekend means finally time for yourself but there is something great about volunteering. It gives you a chance to meet new people while giving back to the community. It’s a win- win. Look for an animal rescue, adult tutoring or any other cause close to your heart. Get started.
- Make a delicious meal: Let’s face it, cooking is a chore we all get by every day. As time goes by we all spend less and less time thinking about how we want to cook and more and more time thinking about what we should cook quickly. Make a Big deal about one meal this weekend. Take your pick – breakfast, lunch or dinner but make a delicious meal this weekend.
- Skip the grocery store: Finally, skip going to the grocery store this weekend and try an online delivery service that can make your life easy and allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones. We recommend Burpy for obvious reasons.
Have an activity that can make someone’s weekend great. Don’t forget to share it by commenting below. Happy Weekend.
Today’s lifestyle takes a lot away from us. We are always busy, always running to the next thing. To make things easier for millennials, we have listed dinner kitchen hacks that sure to ease their life significantly –
- Meal planning – Make this a chore, like everything you do, this should be part of your weekly routine. If you decide what you want to eat at 7.00 pm in the evening chances are you will be driven by your need to satisfy your hunger and not for meeting health goals. Plan your meals on the weekends, before you commence grocery shopping.
- Meal preparation – On an average, a meal takes anywhere between 30-40 minutes to cook whereas the meal preparation takes an hour. Invest time preparing for your meals much ahead so that you don’t waste time every day on this.
- Baking is your friend - Always looks for recipes that require minimum supervision. Hence, baking is really your friend. Look for recipes that are simple and can be baked, they will be healthier and will utilize less oil.
- Go with theme nights - Have a pre-decided theme for each night – soup night, salad night, and pasta night. Believe us your life will be much easier.
- Plan for leftovers – Chances are you have leftover food during every meal. Sometimes you forget about it whereas other times you use the same food for lunch the next day. Have a plan for the leftover food unless you prefer throwing it.
- Stock your pantry right – Your pantry is your cooking heaven. Make sure you always stock it right, you don’t wish to be caught unarmed at 8.00 pm in the night. Refer to our pantry guide here.
Have a really good hack that has helped you over the years? Share it with us by commenting below.