We are yet to meet a person who doesn’t appreciate delicious saucy PASTA. Our opinions might vary about the sauces but we unanimously love this famous Italian dish. It’s simple, healthy and delectable to say the least.
There are over 350 types of noodles out there with umpteen numbers of sauces. Hence, one can work with endless combinations to make this dish. Since every sauce is distinct it works differently with every noodle, therefore it’s important to understand how each noodle is different and why:
- Farfalle: Farfalle is the Italian word for butterfly, also known as the bow tie pasta; this noodle gets its unique name owing to its shape. A larger variation of farfalle is known as farfallone, while the miniature version is called farfalline. This noodle makes for a great cold pasta salad.
- Campanelle: Shaped like a cone with a ruffled edge, this noodle is sometimes referred to as gigli or riccioli. Campanelle is Italian for ‘littlebells’. Their unique shape makes them great for thick and creamy sauces.
- Pappardelle: Similar to fettuccine, this pasta noodle has a Tuscan origin and is broad and flat. This pasta noodle goes great with mouthwatering meat sauces.
- Bucatini: This pasta noodle looks a lot like spaghetti, but it is hollow on the inside. The name comes from Italian - buco, meaning “hole”. This noodle is particularly popular in Rome. This noodle tastes great in casseroles
- Capellini: Famously know as Angel Hair pasta, this is the thinnest pasta noodle that cooks fairly quickly. Popular in Italy, this light pasta noodles goes well in soups, with seafood or light sauces.
- Acini di Pepe: They are the most distinct looking pasta noodles and their name is Italian for “grains of pepper”. Due to their distinct shape, this pasta noodle works well in soups or cold salads.
All this talk has made us hungry for a pasta, what about you. Get your favorite pasta delivered using Burpy.
If you have been grocery shopping with us, you have already met one of our wonderful personal shoppers. Our shoppers have perfected the art of simplifying ‘your life’. Here is everything you need to know about them, let us know what you think -
- Give you the ‘Me-Time’: A few years ago who would have thought assigning the simple task of weekly grocery shopping to someone else can buy you the much needed ‘me-time’. We all need to recharge timely, it is known to boost our productivity and keep our creative side alive. Our personal shoppers make this happen all the time.
- They love ‘shopping’ groceries: We all love shopping, but do we all love grocery shopping? We don’t think so. However, our personal shoppers are self-confessed grocery shopping loves <3. They are in it for the love of fresh PRODUCE!
- They put in more efforts: How many times have you skipped on buying something because you couldn’t find in the store or were simply too impatient. All too many times, right? Our shoppers know how to get you exactly what you need and from where if they can’t find it in your favorite grocery store.
- Erratic hours: Our personal shoppers work around the clock. They work on a non-traditional schedule; this means they work harder during holidays to deliver your kitchen essentials.
- Grocery fanatics: They know a good produce from bad. They are geniuses at reading food labels, this means their food recommendations are as good as Google if not better. :-)
- They love to hear from you: We are not exaggerating when we say this, believe us or not they have some amazing stories to share from their experiences while interacting with you all. They say it brightens their day. <3
If you have a memory to share while you interacted with our shoppers, don’t forget to tell us by commenting below.
In a few hours, you will be on a date with your Valentine. This day holds a special place in everyone’s heart. So whatever you have planned for tonight, be certain to make it memorable. Here are some simple things that won’t cost a fortune, but still hit the mark:
- Be on time: Make sure you are on time for your date. If possible be early. Nobody likes a latecomer, especially on a Valentine’s Day. This is also a great way of showing you care about their time.
- Don’t show up empty-handed: Flowers, chocolates, and wines do sound a tad bit conventional but they never really grow old. Make the effort to pick your valentine’s favorite flowers, chocolates, wines.
- Make a reservation: Now the chances are you have already done this but if you haven’t you MUST. Valentine’s day is particularly busy for restaurants, having to wait for hours to be seated might not be exactly how you want to spend your Valentines
- Try a new cuisine or wine: Valentine’s day is the perfect time to try something new. Every restaurant in the town comes out with a dedicated menu for this occasion. We are sure your Valentine is more likely to try something new on this day.
- Surprise them with a love note – You don’t need to be a famous writer to express how you feel with words. No matter what you write, we guarantee your valentine will appreciate this gesture.We know we would.
- Dance: You may not be a great dancer, but every woman loves to dance with her partner. Turn on a song that reminds you of your wedding or your first date and reminisce about those memories.
Share how spent your Valentine by commenting below.