Are you on a journey of adopting a lifestyle change? Bringing about a lifestyle change is never easy; it calls for dedication and discipline. What this means is that one must embrace big and small changes alike. A small yet vital change that could complement your lifestyle change journey is what you drink.
Yes, you heard us right. You will find a gamut of information on what to eat but not so much on what to drink. Here is a simple guide to what you should be drinking to be healthier:
- Water – Did you know you aren’t hungry every time you eat? What this means is that we all have the tendency to eat when we are actually simply thirsty. To address this you must consciously make an effort to increase your water intake to at least 7-8 glasses of water per day. Drinking water before meals will also help restrain your hunger significantly.
- Green Tea – if you are a caffeine lover, you are probably already consuming about 3-4 coffees in a day. Try replacing it with Green Tea; It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have positive effects on the body. What you will witness is enhanced brain function along with the significant fat loss. It’s a win-win we say.
- Skim Milk: We are all aware of the super powers of Milk. It is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin D. In place of whole milk opt for Skim Milk, Soy Milk or Almond Milk. This will ensure you get all the nutrients and vitamins of milk minus the fat.
- Vegetable Juice – Replace your fruit juices with vegetable juices. You will not only keep the sugar at bay and rapidly increase your fiber intake. Vegetables are also known to alkalize your system to help maintain the delicate pH balance that contributes to optimal health.
Get every drink you need at your doorstep using Burpy.
Dinner is the most important factor in aiding your weight loss journey. Traditionally people believe they should not consume carbs after 6.00 pm. This is not entirely true, if you are not sleeping until 10.00 pm, can you think of staying hungry for 4 hours? Won’t that be more unhealthy than consuming a healthy snack?
Yes, the carb – protein ratio is central in defining your health. Hence, the goal should be to have a protein rich dinner than skipping it altogether. Here are some simple solutions that will help you define a healthy dinner-
- Say no to starch: There should be no room for starchy food post 7.00 pm in your diet. What does that mean? You have to bid goodbye to Rice, Bread, Potatoes, etc. etc. Any food containing starch is high in carbohydrates and should be avoided in the dinner for a well-meaning diet.
- Yes, to Fiber: Follow the rule of eating 2/3rd of fibrous vegetables in every meal. Fiber has the unique quality of delivering essential vitamins and nutrients with low calories to you. Increase the intake of fruits, seasonal produce and legumes. Find your favorite source of fiber and to ensure you are able to follow-through.
- High protein: Go high on protein. This means you can load up on healthy sources of protein such as fish, meats, and beans. This is by far the simplest rule to follow for weight watchers.
- Choose a healthier cooking method: No food is unhealthy but certainly some are healthier than others. What this means is that our cooking method plays a central role in making our meals healthy. For example – grilled chicken is a far healthier option than fried chicken. Hence, try playing well with your cooking methods.
Healthy living journey calls for a lifestyle change and should be seen as a slow and steady process rather than expecting miraculous results in short period of time.
The new year has started and so has the resolution to get fit for many of you. To achieve your fittest self, your workouts must be accompanied by a healthy and nutritional diet. This means eating better, on-time and nutritious food. With some simple diet changes you can introduce yourself to better health:
- Timely meals: We are all playing catch up during the day, this means nutrition often takes a back seat. Timely meals are an important aspect of maintaining ideal health. The next time you reach for your breakfast oats make sure it’s at 7 am not noon.
- Small portions: Eating your meals in a smaller plate is the easiest way to attain better health. According to a study by Cornell University, people tend to consume lesser food this way. For weight watcher’s portion control is key, aim to buy and consume single – serve portions. You will not only consume less but save money.
- Increase water intake: Water is essential for life. The next time you want to reach out for an extra latte replace it with water and see your health boost. One should consume at least 7-8 glasses of water every day, it does sound simple but most of us don’t even consume 4 glasses of water in a day. Don’t believe us? Check it yourself
- Veggies, fruits and some more: Every season brings a bumper crop of produce – rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and more. All your meals must have a portion of fresh veggies and fruits. The aim should be to have equal amounts of proteins and veggies during the day. The greens in your diet they help aid better health, heart, and immunity.
- Track your meals: We are not big on calorie counting, it makes the process of getting healthier a tedious and boring task. However, it is important to be mindful of what we put into our mouth. Our body reflects what we feed it and hence understating our eating patterns by writing them down can go a big way in supporting our health, make better meal plans and more.
Make better health choices in 2017 and leave the task of delivering your grocery essentials to Burpy.