Christmas is the time to be merry and enjoy the much-required break with the family. As your loved ones gather to appreciate the festivities, here are our party hacks to keep things less stressful-
- Be preference ready: Big family means varied preferences. One can’t be always ready for last minute requests but being well prepared never hurts anyone. Our recommendation would be to make a simple phone call to your loved ones and be preference proof for the party.
- More hands mean less work: We all want to ensure a seamless and perfect experience for our guests at home during Christmas. However, working around the clock and catering to everyone’s need is not an easy task. The easy solution to this problem is to take support from everyone at home. This means – more hands for shopping, decorating the table and even cooking.
- Keep it simple: You heard it; we all want to be perfect hosts and the simplest way to achieve this goal is to simplify our tasks. Have classier yet shorter menus to achieve more in lesser time. The aim should be to have shorter to-do lists.
- Self-serve: The idea of spending your own party fixing drinks for your guests doesn’t sound very tempting. Does it? Set up an easy-to-make cocktail bar for your guests. This will solve half of your problems if not all of them.
- Enjoy: We know having fun is the last thing on anyone’s mind when they are busy planning perfect hosts. Your aim should be to enjoy the very best of everything you are doing. If you are enjoying, so will your guests.
To reduce the task of last minute grocery shopping, trust Burpy with the task.
Winters are here and so is the seasonal produce. Here are some vegetables that should be part of your winter meals:
- Brussels Sprouts: This vegetable has amazing disease-fighting phytochemicals and is a rich source of Vitamin C and K. Native to Brussels, Belgium, this vegetable could once be enjoyed in every nook and corner of Europe. An excellent source of vitamin B6, omega fatty acids, copper and calcium, this vegetable is best enjoyed steamed.
- Avocados: Rich in fiber and iron, avocados are a great source of vitamins A, C and E. They contain ‘good fats’ including mono saturated fat which can reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack. They are delicious raw and cooked.
- Turnip Greens: A loaded source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, copper, calcium, and dietary fiber this vegetable is a must in your winter diet. All the nutrients help fight rheumatoid arthritis, colorectal cancer, and atherosclerosis.
- Broccoli: A cruciferous vegetable, Broccoli contains glucosinolates and the carotenoid, lutein. Broccoli is a good source of phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and E. Considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world, it can be part of your salads, soups or main course.
- Cabbage: In ancient Greece and Rome, cabbage was considered a cure-all for a myriad of health conditions. Cabbage is known the world over for its remarkable anti-cancer properties, it is also a tremendous source of vitamins A and C.
Make sure you make the most of the winter produce, order all you need from Burpy.
We often go to the grocery store without an aim of picking up nutrition. Eat healthy food requires deliberate decisions and meal planning hence should be at the top of our lists. Here are some reasons why should make meal-planning a priority in your household:
- Enhance your nutrition: By taking the time to plan your meals, you can aim to have well- balanced and nutritious meals during the week. The practice will ensure you are in better control of what you’re feeding your body. A balanced meal plan will help you curb cravings and ensure a healthier body and mind.
- Make and stick to healthier choices: Have you been so hungry that you ended up eating a lot more than you anticipated? We have all been there. The reason why most people end up overeating and unhealthy is because we do not make conscious and informed decisions about what we feed our body. Meal planning is the most effective way to resolve this problem.
- Complement your fitness routine: If you are friends with anybody who is trying to lose weight, you are most likely aware of the fact that meal-planning tops the chart in their to-do lists. Meal planning can help you control your calorie intake in an effective manner.
- Save money and time: Meal planning will prevent you from throwing produce and ingredients lying in the fridge. Also, if you are ready with your grocery list, you are most likely to get out of the grocery store in less than 30 minutes. In the long run, meal planning will save you tons of money and time.
- Finally, avoid stress: We all know the stress of preparing meals last minute. You can bid goodbye to stress finally with meal planning.
Make meal planning an important part of your lifestyle today. Order your groceries from Burpy.