We often go to the grocery store without an aim of picking up nutrition. Eat healthy food requires deliberate decisions and meal planning hence should be at the top of our lists. Here are some reasons why should make meal-planning a priority in your household:
- Enhance your nutrition: By taking the time to plan your meals, you can aim to have well- balanced and nutritious meals during the week. The practice will ensure you are in better control of what you’re feeding your body. A balanced meal plan will help you curb cravings and ensure a healthier body and mind.
- Make and stick to healthier choices: Have you been so hungry that you ended up eating a lot more than you anticipated? We have all been there. The reason why most people end up overeating and unhealthy is because we do not make conscious and informed decisions about what we feed our body. Meal planning is the most effective way to resolve this problem.
- Complement your fitness routine: If you are friends with anybody who is trying to lose weight, you are most likely aware of the fact that meal-planning tops the chart in their to-do lists. Meal planning can help you control your calorie intake in an effective manner.
- Save money and time: Meal planning will prevent you from throwing produce and ingredients lying in the fridge. Also, if you are ready with your grocery list, you are most likely to get out of the grocery store in less than 30 minutes. In the long run, meal planning will save you tons of money and time.
- Finally, avoid stress: We all know the stress of preparing meals last minute. You can bid goodbye to stress finally with meal planning.
Make meal planning an important part of your lifestyle today. Order your groceries from Burpy.
If your goal is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, organic food will be your ally in this journey. Traditionally it is believed to be more expensive than commercially grown food, but consuming organic foods are a smart priority. Here’s why you must include more and more organic food in your diet every day. Read why -
- Fewer Chemicals: One of the top benefits of eating organically grown food is escaping a lot of chemicals commercially grown food possesses. Although the chemical pesticides are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency they are still harmful to the body in the long run.
- More Nutrients: The nutritional value of organic food is way higher than commercially grown food. They possess more nutrients – minerals, vitamins, and micronutrients.
- Enjoy better flavors: Organic food tastes better and retains original taste owing to less exposure to chemicals. You must try it to believe us.
- Safe for Children: Children are more susceptible to the harm done by chemicals than adults and thus Organic food is safer than commercially grown food for children.
- Supports Wildlife: The commercially grown food not only harms human beings but also wildlife, in the long run, organic food supports wildlife.
- Organic meat lessens your exposure to antibiotics and synthetic hormones that find their way into the animals and into you through them.
So, the next time you are out grocery shopping try and include more and more organic food in your diet and kitchen or allow Burpy to deliver at your doorstep.
Every household spends significant time grocery shopping each week, especially mom’s who spend most of their weekend grocery shopping. Online grocery shopping has changed the way grocery shopping has been done forever.This means we can now simply order the groceries online and spend time doing things we love. This is a lovely convenience but since we are looking at our kitchen essentials online, we are bound to miss out on nutritional aspects of the food.
Here is a simple guide that will help moms and everyone else understands what to look for while picking up groceries online:
- Organics: Organic food simply means that the food has had less exposure to chemicals and therefore is a healthier option to consume. One can always turn to organic options for food that is consumed in larger quantities at home such as – milk, produce, eggs.
- Unprocessed Food: Unprocessed food is always more expensive than the processed food but also a better option to replace refined, heavily processed foods from the diet.
- Food Labels: It is important to always read the food labels of the items that will be stocked in your kitchen. We all are wired to pick up the first thing that comes in our hand without reading the labels. More so when we are shopping groceries online. Always make it a point that you are familiar with the ingredients that form an item.
- Produce and Fruits: Greens and fruits should be part of your kid’s meal every day and hence make sure they are part of your online grocery shopping cart.
Think we missed out on something?Don’t forget to mention it by commenting below.Have your own grocery to pickup? Order your groceries online without leaving your home using Burpy this weekend.
No matter which team you are supporting, one thing every football fan agrees on is tailgating. We all look forward to it and put long hours in planning a perfect pre-game ritual. Having a good time in the parking lot outside the stadium with great drinks, food and face paint can be a lot of fun. We are here to help you take the fun a notch higher and plan it to perfection with our tailgating checklist:
- A good cooler: This is most essential part of your tailgating gear. Everything you need to stock goes in the cooler, so make sure you are investing in the one that’s right for you.
- Sunscreen and something comfortable to sit on: You will be spending significant amount outdoors, these two are going to be critical to your whole experience.
- Music: Great music is critical to any good party and tailgating is no exception to this rule. Bring music that you and your friends will enjoy
- Grill: It is a crime to not have a grill at a tailgate party. Make sure you have one that can cater everyone who is part of your party.
- Food and Drinks: This one is pretty standard bring beers, ribs,hamburgers, hotdogs, dips and sauces, wings and anything else you can think of.
Order your favorite tailgating food essentials from Burpy today.
Halloween or as some say ‘annual candy grab’ festival is here. If you are a busy mom, working professional or someone who has just been plain lazy to stock Halloween candies help is at hand. You can still order it from Burpy and make it in time before the little trick-o-treaters arrive at your doorstep tonight.
- Reese Peanut Butter Cup Candy
- Dove Dark Chocolate Candy
- Hot Tamales Chewy Candies Fierce Cinnamon
- Peeps & Co Ghosts Marshmallow Peeps
- Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Cookie’s ‘n’ Creme Candy Bars
- Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
- M&M’s Chocolate Candies
- Twix Minis
Think we missed out on your favorite candy in our list. Do let us by commenting below.
- Easy as a Sunday morning: Even if you are not a selfie addict, we are certain you end up spending 60 minutes on an average on your phone daily. Online grocery shopping means you are in the grocery store virtually. This means can shop for the groceries with one click of a button, it also means you need not get up from the couch for the tedious task of grocery shopping.
- You will save money: When you shop online, shopping is always more intentional. What it means is that you are less likely to spend on an impulse than when you are in the store physically. We think it’s a great plus.
- Save time: Online grocery shopping will save you over two hours each week along with fuel. It’s often said wasted time is worse than wasted money and we couldn’t agree more. Additional time can be devoted to relaxing, learning new things or finally starting your own project.
- Because finally, the task of picking produce will belong to someone else: Let’s face it not all of us are champions we think we are in picking produce. Most of us get by the task just fine. The personal shoppers are typically passionate about the task of picking groceries and make the effort of delivering only the best to your doorstep.
- No more wait in the checkout lane: Can you imagine grocery shopping without having to wait in the checkout lane? With online grocery shopping, you can. Even during vacations and the busy festive season.
Looking to pick this week’s grocery supplies, log in to Burpy.com today.
If you are a taco lover like us you will enjoy reading these facts-
- The word “taco” literally translates to “plug” or “wad” a small hole, it also translates to “light lunch” in Mexican Spanish
- The word “taco” originated in the 18th century at silver mines in Mexico. Back then, a taco was simply a paper wrapped around gunpowder. Fortunately, we all relish a much delicious version if taco now.
- Although taco made its way to the US only in early 20th century. Americans officially love taco and ate over 4.5 billion tacos last year! That’s 490,000 miles of tacos.
- The hard shell taco was invented in 1947 because corn tortillas didn’t stay fresh for long.
- The first taco party in history was held in 1520 by Hernan Cortes.
Have a fun taco fact? Don’t forget to share by commenting below.
Texans love food and we believe there are some that no one does better than us.
- Pecan Pie: Pecan Tree is the official state tree of Texas since 1919. Pecan nut and Pecan pie are the official health nut and official state pie of Texas respectively. So, unsurprisingly the pecan pie is a cut above the rest.
- Tacos: Everyday is a Taco day in Texas. Pick any restaurant and you will most likely find a matchless version of Tacos on the menu. They can be loaded or skimpy, but are always delicious.
- Ice Cream: Of course you can find an ice cream in any corner of the world but Texas is home to the yummylicious Blue Bell ice cream (Brenham, TX). The cream used is never older than 24 hours, this means freshness is assured.
- Sweet Tea: Hot summer picnics = Sweet tea in a mason jar. The much popular sweet tea recipe originated from a community cookbook in Texas. Sip, sip, sip……
- Chips and Queso : Tex-Mex restaurants, mostly serve it as an appetizer and we think this is one of the best ways to start your meal.
- Frozen Margarita: They shook up the Tex-Mex history when they were discovered about 45 years ago in Dallas at Mariano’s Mexican Cuisine restaurant. They are perfect for a warm summer evening.
- Texas Caviar: Often devoured as a dip accompaniment to tortilla chips Texas Caviar is a Texan version of the high-class dish. The name originated as a humorous comparison to the original caviar, an expensive hors d’oeuvre of salt-cured fish roe.
- Chicken Fried Steak: This delicious dish only comes in two sizes, large and Texas-sized, we are not complaining
This is a Burpy favorite list, do not forget to tell us if you agree or not by commenting below.
Autumn is known for bringing a bumper crop of fruits and vegetables. The cool temperature makes it appealing to enter the kitchen and experiment with the best the season has to offer. One can play with a whole slew of seasonal produce to bring intense flavors and substantial textures come alive.
From succulent pears and crunchy apples to nourishing greens, your options are plenty. Make the most of what you will find in the season with a comprehensive fall produce guide from Burpy:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Squash
Although some fruits and vegetables are available year-round, they’re more flavorful from September to November and thus should be part of your meal plans.
Labor Day honors the contributions of workers to our economy and social fabric, that’s why we believe it should be stress-free for everyone. After all, you have earned Labor Day.
Whether you planning the last barbeque of the season or a simple meal for the family try these two simple recipes from Burpy to breeze through the long weekend :
Watermelon Feta Skewers
- About 40 (1-inch) pieces cubed watermelon
- About 20 (1-inch) pieces cubed feta cheese
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- Set your grill to high heat. Thread a piece of watermelon, a piece of feta and a second piece of watermelon onto a 6-inch skewer. Repeat with the remaining pieces of watermelon and feta.
- Once the grill is hot, brush the skewers on all sides with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Grill until lightly charred on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and cool slightly.
- To serve, mound 1 cup arugula onto each plate and top with 5 skewers per plate. Drizzle each salad with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped basil. Serve immediately.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set the grill to high heat (or heat a grill pan over high heat). Clean and lightly oil the grates.
- Working in batches, cook the mangoes, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños and limes on the grill until nicely charred, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients from the grill and let cool slightly. Dice the mangoes, tomatoes and red onion. Mince the jalapeño.
- In a medium bowl, toss all the diced fruit and veggies together, then add the garlic and cilantro and toss well to combine. Squeeze the grilled limes over the mixture, and season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Give it a final toss, and serve.