Dinner is the most important factor in aiding your weight loss journey. Traditionally people believe they should not consume carbs after 6.00 pm. This is not entirely true, if you are not sleeping until 10.00 pm, can you think of staying hungry for 4 hours? Won’t that be more unhealthy than consuming a healthy snack?
Yes, the carb – protein ratio is central in defining your health. Hence, the goal should be to have a protein rich dinner than skipping it altogether. Here are some simple solutions that will help you define a healthy dinner-
- Say no to starch: There should be no room for starchy food post 7.00 pm in your diet. What does that mean? You have to bid goodbye to Rice, Bread, Potatoes, etc. etc. Any food containing starch is high in carbohydrates and should be avoided in the dinner for a well-meaning diet.
- Yes, to Fiber: Follow the rule of eating 2/3rd of fibrous vegetables in every meal. Fiber has the unique quality of delivering essential vitamins and nutrients with low calories to you. Increase the intake of fruits, seasonal produce and legumes. Find your favorite source of fiber and to ensure you are able to follow-through.
- High protein: Go high on protein. This means you can load up on healthy sources of protein such as fish, meats, and beans. This is by far the simplest rule to follow for weight watchers.
- Choose a healthier cooking method: No food is unhealthy but certainly some are healthier than others. What this means is that our cooking method plays a central role in making our meals healthy. For example – grilled chicken is a far healthier option than fried chicken. Hence, try playing well with your cooking methods.
Healthy living journey calls for a lifestyle change and should be seen as a slow and steady process rather than expecting miraculous results in short period of time.
The new year has started and so has the resolution to get fit for many of you. To achieve your fittest self, your workouts must be accompanied by a healthy and nutritional diet. This means eating better, on-time and nutritious food. With some simple diet changes you can introduce yourself to better health:
- Timely meals: We are all playing catch up during the day, this means nutrition often takes a back seat. Timely meals are an important aspect of maintaining ideal health. The next time you reach for your breakfast oats make sure it’s at 7 am not noon.
- Small portions: Eating your meals in a smaller plate is the easiest way to attain better health. According to a study by Cornell University, people tend to consume lesser food this way. For weight watcher’s portion control is key, aim to buy and consume single – serve portions. You will not only consume less but save money.
- Increase water intake: Water is essential for life. The next time you want to reach out for an extra latte replace it with water and see your health boost. One should consume at least 7-8 glasses of water every day, it does sound simple but most of us don’t even consume 4 glasses of water in a day. Don’t believe us? Check it yourself
- Veggies, fruits and some more: Every season brings a bumper crop of produce – rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and more. All your meals must have a portion of fresh veggies and fruits. The aim should be to have equal amounts of proteins and veggies during the day. The greens in your diet they help aid better health, heart, and immunity.
- Track your meals: We are not big on calorie counting, it makes the process of getting healthier a tedious and boring task. However, it is important to be mindful of what we put into our mouth. Our body reflects what we feed it and hence understating our eating patterns by writing them down can go a big way in supporting our health, make better meal plans and more.
Make better health choices in 2017 and leave the task of delivering your grocery essentials to Burpy.
Christmas is the time to be merry and enjoy the much-required break with the family. As your loved ones gather to appreciate the festivities, here are our party hacks to keep things less stressful-
- Be preference ready: Big family means varied preferences. One can’t be always ready for last minute requests but being well prepared never hurts anyone. Our recommendation would be to make a simple phone call to your loved ones and be preference proof for the party.
- More hands mean less work: We all want to ensure a seamless and perfect experience for our guests at home during Christmas. However, working around the clock and catering to everyone’s need is not an easy task. The easy solution to this problem is to take support from everyone at home. This means – more hands for shopping, decorating the table and even cooking.
- Keep it simple: You heard it; we all want to be perfect hosts and the simplest way to achieve this goal is to simplify our tasks. Have classier yet shorter menus to achieve more in lesser time. The aim should be to have shorter to-do lists.
- Self-serve: The idea of spending your own party fixing drinks for your guests doesn’t sound very tempting. Does it? Set up an easy-to-make cocktail bar for your guests. This will solve half of your problems if not all of them.
- Enjoy: We know having fun is the last thing on anyone’s mind when they are busy planning perfect hosts. Your aim should be to enjoy the very best of everything you are doing. If you are enjoying, so will your guests.
To reduce the task of last minute grocery shopping, trust Burpy with the task.
Winters are here and so is the seasonal produce. Here are some vegetables that should be part of your winter meals:
- Brussels Sprouts: This vegetable has amazing disease-fighting phytochemicals and is a rich source of Vitamin C and K. Native to Brussels, Belgium, this vegetable could once be enjoyed in every nook and corner of Europe. An excellent source of vitamin B6, omega fatty acids, copper and calcium, this vegetable is best enjoyed steamed.
- Avocados: Rich in fiber and iron, avocados are a great source of vitamins A, C and E. They contain ‘good fats’ including mono saturated fat which can reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack. They are delicious raw and cooked.
- Turnip Greens: A loaded source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, copper, calcium, and dietary fiber this vegetable is a must in your winter diet. All the nutrients help fight rheumatoid arthritis, colorectal cancer, and atherosclerosis.
- Broccoli: A cruciferous vegetable, Broccoli contains glucosinolates and the carotenoid, lutein. Broccoli is a good source of phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and E. Considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world, it can be part of your salads, soups or main course.
- Cabbage: In ancient Greece and Rome, cabbage was considered a cure-all for a myriad of health conditions. Cabbage is known the world over for its remarkable anti-cancer properties, it is also a tremendous source of vitamins A and C.
Make sure you make the most of the winter produce, order all you need from Burpy.
We often go to the grocery store without an aim of picking up nutrition. Eat healthy food requires deliberate decisions and meal planning hence should be at the top of our lists. Here are some reasons why should make meal-planning a priority in your household:
- Enhance your nutrition: By taking the time to plan your meals, you can aim to have well- balanced and nutritious meals during the week. The practice will ensure you are in better control of what you’re feeding your body. A balanced meal plan will help you curb cravings and ensure a healthier body and mind.
- Make and stick to healthier choices: Have you been so hungry that you ended up eating a lot more than you anticipated? We have all been there. The reason why most people end up overeating and unhealthy is because we do not make conscious and informed decisions about what we feed our body. Meal planning is the most effective way to resolve this problem.
- Complement your fitness routine: If you are friends with anybody who is trying to lose weight, you are most likely aware of the fact that meal-planning tops the chart in their to-do lists. Meal planning can help you control your calorie intake in an effective manner.
- Save money and time: Meal planning will prevent you from throwing produce and ingredients lying in the fridge. Also, if you are ready with your grocery list, you are most likely to get out of the grocery store in less than 30 minutes. In the long run, meal planning will save you tons of money and time.
- Finally, avoid stress: We all know the stress of preparing meals last minute. You can bid goodbye to stress finally with meal planning.
Make meal planning an important part of your lifestyle today. Order your groceries from Burpy.
If your goal is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, organic food will be your ally in this journey. Traditionally it is believed to be more expensive than commercially grown food, but consuming organic foods are a smart priority. Here’s why you must include more and more organic food in your diet every day. Read why -
- Fewer Chemicals: One of the top benefits of eating organically grown food is escaping a lot of chemicals commercially grown food possesses. Although the chemical pesticides are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency they are still harmful to the body in the long run.
- More Nutrients: The nutritional value of organic food is way higher than commercially grown food. They possess more nutrients – minerals, vitamins, and micronutrients.
- Enjoy better flavors: Organic food tastes better and retains original taste owing to less exposure to chemicals. You must try it to believe us.
- Safe for Children: Children are more susceptible to the harm done by chemicals than adults and thus Organic food is safer than commercially grown food for children.
- Supports Wildlife: The commercially grown food not only harms human beings but also wildlife, in the long run, organic food supports wildlife.
- Organic meat lessens your exposure to antibiotics and synthetic hormones that find their way into the animals and into you through them.
So, the next time you are out grocery shopping try and include more and more organic food in your diet and kitchen or allow Burpy to deliver at your doorstep.
Every household spends significant time grocery shopping each week, especially mom’s who spend most of their weekend grocery shopping. Online grocery shopping has changed the way grocery shopping has been done forever.This means we can now simply order the groceries online and spend time doing things we love. This is a lovely convenience but since we are looking at our kitchen essentials online, we are bound to miss out on nutritional aspects of the food.
Here is a simple guide that will help moms and everyone else understands what to look for while picking up groceries online:
- Organics: Organic food simply means that the food has had less exposure to chemicals and therefore is a healthier option to consume. One can always turn to organic options for food that is consumed in larger quantities at home such as – milk, produce, eggs.
- Unprocessed Food: Unprocessed food is always more expensive than the processed food but also a better option to replace refined, heavily processed foods from the diet.
- Food Labels: It is important to always read the food labels of the items that will be stocked in your kitchen. We all are wired to pick up the first thing that comes in our hand without reading the labels. More so when we are shopping groceries online. Always make it a point that you are familiar with the ingredients that form an item.
- Produce and Fruits: Greens and fruits should be part of your kid’s meal every day and hence make sure they are part of your online grocery shopping cart.
Think we missed out on something?Don’t forget to mention it by commenting below.Have your own grocery to pickup? Order your groceries online without leaving your home using Burpy this weekend.
No matter which team you are supporting, one thing every football fan agrees on is tailgating. We all look forward to it and put long hours in planning a perfect pre-game ritual. Having a good time in the parking lot outside the stadium with great drinks, food and face paint can be a lot of fun. We are here to help you take the fun a notch higher and plan it to perfection with our tailgating checklist:
- A good cooler: This is most essential part of your tailgating gear. Everything you need to stock goes in the cooler, so make sure you are investing in the one that’s right for you.
- Sunscreen and something comfortable to sit on: You will be spending significant amount outdoors, these two are going to be critical to your whole experience.
- Music: Great music is critical to any good party and tailgating is no exception to this rule. Bring music that you and your friends will enjoy
- Grill: It is a crime to not have a grill at a tailgate party. Make sure you have one that can cater everyone who is part of your party.
- Food and Drinks: This one is pretty standard bring beers, ribs,hamburgers, hotdogs, dips and sauces, wings and anything else you can think of.
Order your favorite tailgating food essentials from Burpy today.
Halloween or as some say ‘annual candy grab’ festival is here. If you are a busy mom, working professional or someone who has just been plain lazy to stock Halloween candies help is at hand. You can still order it from Burpy and make it in time before the little trick-o-treaters arrive at your doorstep tonight.
- Reese Peanut Butter Cup Candy
- Dove Dark Chocolate Candy
- Hot Tamales Chewy Candies Fierce Cinnamon
- Peeps & Co Ghosts Marshmallow Peeps
- Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Cookie’s ‘n’ Creme Candy Bars
- Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
- M&M’s Chocolate Candies
- Twix Minis
Think we missed out on your favorite candy in our list. Do let us by commenting below.
- Easy as a Sunday morning: Even if you are not a selfie addict, we are certain you end up spending 60 minutes on an average on your phone daily. Online grocery shopping means you are in the grocery store virtually. This means can shop for the groceries with one click of a button, it also means you need not get up from the couch for the tedious task of grocery shopping.
- You will save money: When you shop online, shopping is always more intentional. What it means is that you are less likely to spend on an impulse than when you are in the store physically. We think it’s a great plus.
- Save time: Online grocery shopping will save you over two hours each week along with fuel. It’s often said wasted time is worse than wasted money and we couldn’t agree more. Additional time can be devoted to relaxing, learning new things or finally starting your own project.
- Because finally, the task of picking produce will belong to someone else: Let’s face it not all of us are champions we think we are in picking produce. Most of us get by the task just fine. The personal shoppers are typically passionate about the task of picking groceries and make the effort of delivering only the best to your doorstep.
- No more wait in the checkout lane: Can you imagine grocery shopping without having to wait in the checkout lane? With online grocery shopping, you can. Even during vacations and the busy festive season.
Looking to pick this week’s grocery supplies, log in to Burpy.com today.