Texans love food and we believe there are some that no one does better than us.
- Pecan Pie: Pecan Tree is the official state tree of Texas since 1919. Pecan nut and Pecan pie are the official health nut and official state pie of Texas respectively. So, unsurprisingly the pecan pie is a cut above the rest.
- Tacos: Everyday is a Taco day in Texas. Pick any restaurant and you will most likely find a matchless version of Tacos on the menu. They can be loaded or skimpy, but are always delicious.
- Ice Cream: Of course you can find an ice cream in any corner of the world but Texas is home to the yummylicious Blue Bell ice cream (Brenham, TX). The cream used is never older than 24 hours, this means freshness is assured.
- Sweet Tea: Hot summer picnics = Sweet tea in a mason jar. The much popular sweet tea recipe originated from a community cookbook in Texas. Sip, sip, sip……
- Chips and Queso : Tex-Mex restaurants, mostly serve it as an appetizer and we think this is one of the best ways to start your meal.
- Frozen Margarita: They shook up the Tex-Mex history when they were discovered about 45 years ago in Dallas at Mariano’s Mexican Cuisine restaurant. They are perfect for a warm summer evening.
- Texas Caviar: Often devoured as a dip accompaniment to tortilla chips Texas Caviar is a Texan version of the high-class dish. The name originated as a humorous comparison to the original caviar, an expensive hors d’oeuvre of salt-cured fish roe.
- Chicken Fried Steak: This delicious dish only comes in two sizes, large and Texas-sized, we are not complaining
This is a Burpy favorite list, do not forget to tell us if you agree or not by commenting below.