If you have been grocery shopping with us, you have already met one of our wonderful personal shoppers. Our shoppers have perfected the art of simplifying ‘your life’. Here is everything you need to know about them, let us know what you think -
- Give you the ‘Me-Time’: A few years ago who would have thought assigning the simple task of weekly grocery shopping to someone else can buy you the much needed ‘me-time’. We all need to recharge timely, it is known to boost our productivity and keep our creative side alive. Our personal shoppers make this happen all the time.
- They love ‘shopping’ groceries: We all love shopping, but do we all love grocery shopping? We don’t think so. However, our personal shoppers are self-confessed grocery shopping loves <3. They are in it for the love of fresh PRODUCE!
- They put in more efforts: How many times have you skipped on buying something because you couldn’t find in the store or were simply too impatient. All too many times, right? Our shoppers know how to get you exactly what you need and from where if they can’t find it in your favorite grocery store.
- Erratic hours: Our personal shoppers work around the clock. They work on a non-traditional schedule; this means they work harder during holidays to deliver your kitchen essentials.
- Grocery fanatics: They know a good produce from bad. They are geniuses at reading food labels, this means their food recommendations are as good as Google if not better. :-)
- They love to hear from you: We are not exaggerating when we say this, believe us or not they have some amazing stories to share from their experiences while interacting with you all. They say it brightens their day. <3
If you have a memory to share while you interacted with our shoppers, don’t forget to tell us by commenting below.
In a few hours, you will be on a date with your Valentine. This day holds a special place in everyone’s heart. So whatever you have planned for tonight, be certain to make it memorable. Here are some simple things that won’t cost a fortune, but still hit the mark:
- Be on time: Make sure you are on time for your date. If possible be early. Nobody likes a latecomer, especially on a Valentine’s Day. This is also a great way of showing you care about their time.
- Don’t show up empty-handed: Flowers, chocolates, and wines do sound a tad bit conventional but they never really grow old. Make the effort to pick your valentine’s favorite flowers, chocolates, wines.
- Make a reservation: Now the chances are you have already done this but if you haven’t you MUST. Valentine’s day is particularly busy for restaurants, having to wait for hours to be seated might not be exactly how you want to spend your Valentines
- Try a new cuisine or wine: Valentine’s day is the perfect time to try something new. Every restaurant in the town comes out with a dedicated menu for this occasion. We are sure your Valentine is more likely to try something new on this day.
- Surprise them with a love note – You don’t need to be a famous writer to express how you feel with words. No matter what you write, we guarantee your valentine will appreciate this gesture.We know we would.
- Dance: You may not be a great dancer, but every woman loves to dance with her partner. Turn on a song that reminds you of your wedding or your first date and reminisce about those memories.
Share how spent your Valentine by commenting below.
Are you on a journey of adopting a lifestyle change? Bringing about a lifestyle change is never easy; it calls for dedication and discipline. What this means is that one must embrace big and small changes alike. A small yet vital change that could complement your lifestyle change journey is what you drink.
Yes, you heard us right. You will find a gamut of information on what to eat but not so much on what to drink. Here is a simple guide to what you should be drinking to be healthier:
- Water – Did you know you aren’t hungry every time you eat? What this means is that we all have the tendency to eat when we are actually simply thirsty. To address this you must consciously make an effort to increase your water intake to at least 7-8 glasses of water per day. Drinking water before meals will also help restrain your hunger significantly.
- Green Tea – if you are a caffeine lover, you are probably already consuming about 3-4 coffees in a day. Try replacing it with Green Tea; It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have positive effects on the body. What you will witness is enhanced brain function along with the significant fat loss. It’s a win-win we say.
- Skim Milk: We are all aware of the super powers of Milk. It is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin D. In place of whole milk opt for Skim Milk, Soy Milk or Almond Milk. This will ensure you get all the nutrients and vitamins of milk minus the fat.
- Vegetable Juice – Replace your fruit juices with vegetable juices. You will not only keep the sugar at bay and rapidly increase your fiber intake. Vegetables are also known to alkalize your system to help maintain the delicate pH balance that contributes to optimal health.
Get every drink you need at your doorstep using Burpy.
Dinner is the most important factor in aiding your weight loss journey. Traditionally people believe they should not consume carbs after 6.00 pm. This is not entirely true, if you are not sleeping until 10.00 pm, can you think of staying hungry for 4 hours? Won’t that be more unhealthy than consuming a healthy snack?
Yes, the carb – protein ratio is central in defining your health. Hence, the goal should be to have a protein rich dinner than skipping it altogether. Here are some simple solutions that will help you define a healthy dinner-
- Say no to starch: There should be no room for starchy food post 7.00 pm in your diet. What does that mean? You have to bid goodbye to Rice, Bread, Potatoes, etc. etc. Any food containing starch is high in carbohydrates and should be avoided in the dinner for a well-meaning diet.
- Yes, to Fiber: Follow the rule of eating 2/3rd of fibrous vegetables in every meal. Fiber has the unique quality of delivering essential vitamins and nutrients with low calories to you. Increase the intake of fruits, seasonal produce and legumes. Find your favorite source of fiber and to ensure you are able to follow-through.
- High protein: Go high on protein. This means you can load up on healthy sources of protein such as fish, meats, and beans. This is by far the simplest rule to follow for weight watchers.
- Choose a healthier cooking method: No food is unhealthy but certainly some are healthier than others. What this means is that our cooking method plays a central role in making our meals healthy. For example – grilled chicken is a far healthier option than fried chicken. Hence, try playing well with your cooking methods.
Healthy living journey calls for a lifestyle change and should be seen as a slow and steady process rather than expecting miraculous results in short period of time.
The new year has started and so has the resolution to get fit for many of you. To achieve your fittest self, your workouts must be accompanied by a healthy and nutritional diet. This means eating better, on-time and nutritious food. With some simple diet changes you can introduce yourself to better health:
- Timely meals: We are all playing catch up during the day, this means nutrition often takes a back seat. Timely meals are an important aspect of maintaining ideal health. The next time you reach for your breakfast oats make sure it’s at 7 am not noon.
- Small portions: Eating your meals in a smaller plate is the easiest way to attain better health. According to a study by Cornell University, people tend to consume lesser food this way. For weight watcher’s portion control is key, aim to buy and consume single – serve portions. You will not only consume less but save money.
- Increase water intake: Water is essential for life. The next time you want to reach out for an extra latte replace it with water and see your health boost. One should consume at least 7-8 glasses of water every day, it does sound simple but most of us don’t even consume 4 glasses of water in a day. Don’t believe us? Check it yourself
- Veggies, fruits and some more: Every season brings a bumper crop of produce – rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and more. All your meals must have a portion of fresh veggies and fruits. The aim should be to have equal amounts of proteins and veggies during the day. The greens in your diet they help aid better health, heart, and immunity.
- Track your meals: We are not big on calorie counting, it makes the process of getting healthier a tedious and boring task. However, it is important to be mindful of what we put into our mouth. Our body reflects what we feed it and hence understating our eating patterns by writing them down can go a big way in supporting our health, make better meal plans and more.
Make better health choices in 2017 and leave the task of delivering your grocery essentials to Burpy.
Christmas is the time to be merry and enjoy the much-required break with the family. As your loved ones gather to appreciate the festivities, here are our party hacks to keep things less stressful-
- Be preference ready: Big family means varied preferences. One can’t be always ready for last minute requests but being well prepared never hurts anyone. Our recommendation would be to make a simple phone call to your loved ones and be preference proof for the party.
- More hands mean less work: We all want to ensure a seamless and perfect experience for our guests at home during Christmas. However, working around the clock and catering to everyone’s need is not an easy task. The easy solution to this problem is to take support from everyone at home. This means – more hands for shopping, decorating the table and even cooking.
- Keep it simple: You heard it; we all want to be perfect hosts and the simplest way to achieve this goal is to simplify our tasks. Have classier yet shorter menus to achieve more in lesser time. The aim should be to have shorter to-do lists.
- Self-serve: The idea of spending your own party fixing drinks for your guests doesn’t sound very tempting. Does it? Set up an easy-to-make cocktail bar for your guests. This will solve half of your problems if not all of them.
- Enjoy: We know having fun is the last thing on anyone’s mind when they are busy planning perfect hosts. Your aim should be to enjoy the very best of everything you are doing. If you are enjoying, so will your guests.
To reduce the task of last minute grocery shopping, trust Burpy with the task.
Winters are here and so is the seasonal produce. Here are some vegetables that should be part of your winter meals:
- Brussels Sprouts: This vegetable has amazing disease-fighting phytochemicals and is a rich source of Vitamin C and K. Native to Brussels, Belgium, this vegetable could once be enjoyed in every nook and corner of Europe. An excellent source of vitamin B6, omega fatty acids, copper and calcium, this vegetable is best enjoyed steamed.
- Avocados: Rich in fiber and iron, avocados are a great source of vitamins A, C and E. They contain ‘good fats’ including mono saturated fat which can reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack. They are delicious raw and cooked.
- Turnip Greens: A loaded source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, copper, calcium, and dietary fiber this vegetable is a must in your winter diet. All the nutrients help fight rheumatoid arthritis, colorectal cancer, and atherosclerosis.
- Broccoli: A cruciferous vegetable, Broccoli contains glucosinolates and the carotenoid, lutein. Broccoli is a good source of phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and E. Considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world, it can be part of your salads, soups or main course.
- Cabbage: In ancient Greece and Rome, cabbage was considered a cure-all for a myriad of health conditions. Cabbage is known the world over for its remarkable anti-cancer properties, it is also a tremendous source of vitamins A and C.
Make sure you make the most of the winter produce, order all you need from Burpy.
We often go to the grocery store without an aim of picking up nutrition. Eat healthy food requires deliberate decisions and meal planning hence should be at the top of our lists. Here are some reasons why should make meal-planning a priority in your household:
- Enhance your nutrition: By taking the time to plan your meals, you can aim to have well- balanced and nutritious meals during the week. The practice will ensure you are in better control of what you’re feeding your body. A balanced meal plan will help you curb cravings and ensure a healthier body and mind.
- Make and stick to healthier choices: Have you been so hungry that you ended up eating a lot more than you anticipated? We have all been there. The reason why most people end up overeating and unhealthy is because we do not make conscious and informed decisions about what we feed our body. Meal planning is the most effective way to resolve this problem.
- Complement your fitness routine: If you are friends with anybody who is trying to lose weight, you are most likely aware of the fact that meal-planning tops the chart in their to-do lists. Meal planning can help you control your calorie intake in an effective manner.
- Save money and time: Meal planning will prevent you from throwing produce and ingredients lying in the fridge. Also, if you are ready with your grocery list, you are most likely to get out of the grocery store in less than 30 minutes. In the long run, meal planning will save you tons of money and time.
- Finally, avoid stress: We all know the stress of preparing meals last minute. You can bid goodbye to stress finally with meal planning.
Make meal planning an important part of your lifestyle today. Order your groceries from Burpy.
If your goal is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, organic food will be your ally in this journey. Traditionally it is believed to be more expensive than commercially grown food, but consuming organic foods are a smart priority. Here’s why you must include more and more organic food in your diet every day. Read why -
- Fewer Chemicals: One of the top benefits of eating organically grown food is escaping a lot of chemicals commercially grown food possesses. Although the chemical pesticides are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency they are still harmful to the body in the long run.
- More Nutrients: The nutritional value of organic food is way higher than commercially grown food. They possess more nutrients – minerals, vitamins, and micronutrients.
- Enjoy better flavors: Organic food tastes better and retains original taste owing to less exposure to chemicals. You must try it to believe us.
- Safe for Children: Children are more susceptible to the harm done by chemicals than adults and thus Organic food is safer than commercially grown food for children.
- Supports Wildlife: The commercially grown food not only harms human beings but also wildlife, in the long run, organic food supports wildlife.
- Organic meat lessens your exposure to antibiotics and synthetic hormones that find their way into the animals and into you through them.
So, the next time you are out grocery shopping try and include more and more organic food in your diet and kitchen or allow Burpy to deliver at your doorstep.
Every household spends significant time grocery shopping each week, especially mom’s who spend most of their weekend grocery shopping. Online grocery shopping has changed the way grocery shopping has been done forever.This means we can now simply order the groceries online and spend time doing things we love. This is a lovely convenience but since we are looking at our kitchen essentials online, we are bound to miss out on nutritional aspects of the food.
Here is a simple guide that will help moms and everyone else understands what to look for while picking up groceries online:
- Organics: Organic food simply means that the food has had less exposure to chemicals and therefore is a healthier option to consume. One can always turn to organic options for food that is consumed in larger quantities at home such as – milk, produce, eggs.
- Unprocessed Food: Unprocessed food is always more expensive than the processed food but also a better option to replace refined, heavily processed foods from the diet.
- Food Labels: It is important to always read the food labels of the items that will be stocked in your kitchen. We all are wired to pick up the first thing that comes in our hand without reading the labels. More so when we are shopping groceries online. Always make it a point that you are familiar with the ingredients that form an item.
- Produce and Fruits: Greens and fruits should be part of your kid’s meal every day and hence make sure they are part of your online grocery shopping cart.
Think we missed out on something?Don’t forget to mention it by commenting below.Have your own grocery to pickup? Order your groceries online without leaving your home using Burpy this weekend.