Love bright colors and flavors? Spring will give you many reasons to rejoice then. Here are some of the best produce picks for spring
- Fava Beans
- Fiddlehead Ferns
- Morel Mushrooms
- Vidalia Onions
- Dandelion Greens
Think our list is incomplete? Don’t forget to mention the names we missed by commenting below. Get your produce delivered to your doorstep using Burpy.
Won’t it be lovely if our pantry was full of supplies that complemented our health and made meal preparation easy? Make sure you have everything on this list if your aim is to have a perfect pantry-
Begin with these easy 5 steps:
- Take stock of everything.
- Get rid of the lot that you do not see yourself eating in the coming weeks.
- Meal planning is essential
- Read up on the brand to ensure they go well with your requirements – current customer reviews can be a good starting point.
- Make a list before you begin the task of restocking your pantry.
- Sugar (granulated, brown)
- Vegetable Oil
- All- purpose flour
- Pasta (Take your pick)
- Rice (Long grain or brown)
- Dried bread crumbs
- Grains (bulgur, quinoa, and barley)
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Corn
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Chicken Breast
- Pasta Sauce
- Stock (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
At Burpy, our personal shoppers can assist you in stocking your pantry from your favorite grocery store. Think we missed out on mentioning a pantry essential? Tell us by commenting below.
We are yet to meet a person who doesn’t appreciate delicious saucy PASTA. Our opinions might vary about the sauces but we unanimously love this famous Italian dish. It’s simple, healthy and delectable to say the least.
There are over 350 types of noodles out there with umpteen numbers of sauces. Hence, one can work with endless combinations to make this dish. Since every sauce is distinct it works differently with every noodle, therefore it’s important to understand how each noodle is different and why:
- Farfalle: Farfalle is the Italian word for butterfly, also known as the bow tie pasta; this noodle gets its unique name owing to its shape. A larger variation of farfalle is known as farfallone, while the miniature version is called farfalline. This noodle makes for a great cold pasta salad.
- Campanelle: Shaped like a cone with a ruffled edge, this noodle is sometimes referred to as gigli or riccioli. Campanelle is Italian for ‘littlebells’. Their unique shape makes them great for thick and creamy sauces.
- Pappardelle: Similar to fettuccine, this pasta noodle has a Tuscan origin and is broad and flat. This pasta noodle goes great with mouthwatering meat sauces.
- Bucatini: This pasta noodle looks a lot like spaghetti, but it is hollow on the inside. The name comes from Italian - buco, meaning “hole”. This noodle is particularly popular in Rome. This noodle tastes great in casseroles
- Capellini: Famously know as Angel Hair pasta, this is the thinnest pasta noodle that cooks fairly quickly. Popular in Italy, this light pasta noodles goes well in soups, with seafood or light sauces.
- Acini di Pepe: They are the most distinct looking pasta noodles and their name is Italian for “grains of pepper”. Due to their distinct shape, this pasta noodle works well in soups or cold salads.
All this talk has made us hungry for a pasta, what about you. Get your favorite pasta delivered using Burpy.
If you have been grocery shopping with us, you have already met one of our wonderful personal shoppers. Our shoppers have perfected the art of simplifying ‘your life’. Here is everything you need to know about them, let us know what you think -
- Give you the ‘Me-Time’: A few years ago who would have thought assigning the simple task of weekly grocery shopping to someone else can buy you the much needed ‘me-time’. We all need to recharge timely, it is known to boost our productivity and keep our creative side alive. Our personal shoppers make this happen all the time.
- They love ‘shopping’ groceries: We all love shopping, but do we all love grocery shopping? We don’t think so. However, our personal shoppers are self-confessed grocery shopping loves <3. They are in it for the love of fresh PRODUCE!
- They put in more efforts: How many times have you skipped on buying something because you couldn’t find in the store or were simply too impatient. All too many times, right? Our shoppers know how to get you exactly what you need and from where if they can’t find it in your favorite grocery store.
- Erratic hours: Our personal shoppers work around the clock. They work on a non-traditional schedule; this means they work harder during holidays to deliver your kitchen essentials.
- Grocery fanatics: They know a good produce from bad. They are geniuses at reading food labels, this means their food recommendations are as good as Google if not better. :-)
- They love to hear from you: We are not exaggerating when we say this, believe us or not they have some amazing stories to share from their experiences while interacting with you all. They say it brightens their day. <3
If you have a memory to share while you interacted with our shoppers, don’t forget to tell us by commenting below.
In a few hours, you will be on a date with your Valentine. This day holds a special place in everyone’s heart. So whatever you have planned for tonight, be certain to make it memorable. Here are some simple things that won’t cost a fortune, but still hit the mark:
- Be on time: Make sure you are on time for your date. If possible be early. Nobody likes a latecomer, especially on a Valentine’s Day. This is also a great way of showing you care about their time.
- Don’t show up empty-handed: Flowers, chocolates, and wines do sound a tad bit conventional but they never really grow old. Make the effort to pick your valentine’s favorite flowers, chocolates, wines.
- Make a reservation: Now the chances are you have already done this but if you haven’t you MUST. Valentine’s day is particularly busy for restaurants, having to wait for hours to be seated might not be exactly how you want to spend your Valentines
- Try a new cuisine or wine: Valentine’s day is the perfect time to try something new. Every restaurant in the town comes out with a dedicated menu for this occasion. We are sure your Valentine is more likely to try something new on this day.
- Surprise them with a love note – You don’t need to be a famous writer to express how you feel with words. No matter what you write, we guarantee your valentine will appreciate this gesture.We know we would.
- Dance: You may not be a great dancer, but every woman loves to dance with her partner. Turn on a song that reminds you of your wedding or your first date and reminisce about those memories.
Share how spent your Valentine by commenting below.
Are you on a journey of adopting a lifestyle change? Bringing about a lifestyle change is never easy; it calls for dedication and discipline. What this means is that one must embrace big and small changes alike. A small yet vital change that could complement your lifestyle change journey is what you drink.
Yes, you heard us right. You will find a gamut of information on what to eat but not so much on what to drink. Here is a simple guide to what you should be drinking to be healthier:
- Water – Did you know you aren’t hungry every time you eat? What this means is that we all have the tendency to eat when we are actually simply thirsty. To address this you must consciously make an effort to increase your water intake to at least 7-8 glasses of water per day. Drinking water before meals will also help restrain your hunger significantly.
- Green Tea – if you are a caffeine lover, you are probably already consuming about 3-4 coffees in a day. Try replacing it with Green Tea; It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have positive effects on the body. What you will witness is enhanced brain function along with the significant fat loss. It’s a win-win we say.
- Skim Milk: We are all aware of the super powers of Milk. It is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin D. In place of whole milk opt for Skim Milk, Soy Milk or Almond Milk. This will ensure you get all the nutrients and vitamins of milk minus the fat.
- Vegetable Juice – Replace your fruit juices with vegetable juices. You will not only keep the sugar at bay and rapidly increase your fiber intake. Vegetables are also known to alkalize your system to help maintain the delicate pH balance that contributes to optimal health.
Get every drink you need at your doorstep using Burpy.
Dinner is the most important factor in aiding your weight loss journey. Traditionally people believe they should not consume carbs after 6.00 pm. This is not entirely true, if you are not sleeping until 10.00 pm, can you think of staying hungry for 4 hours? Won’t that be more unhealthy than consuming a healthy snack?
Yes, the carb – protein ratio is central in defining your health. Hence, the goal should be to have a protein rich dinner than skipping it altogether. Here are some simple solutions that will help you define a healthy dinner-
- Say no to starch: There should be no room for starchy food post 7.00 pm in your diet. What does that mean? You have to bid goodbye to Rice, Bread, Potatoes, etc. etc. Any food containing starch is high in carbohydrates and should be avoided in the dinner for a well-meaning diet.
- Yes, to Fiber: Follow the rule of eating 2/3rd of fibrous vegetables in every meal. Fiber has the unique quality of delivering essential vitamins and nutrients with low calories to you. Increase the intake of fruits, seasonal produce and legumes. Find your favorite source of fiber and to ensure you are able to follow-through.
- High protein: Go high on protein. This means you can load up on healthy sources of protein such as fish, meats, and beans. This is by far the simplest rule to follow for weight watchers.
- Choose a healthier cooking method: No food is unhealthy but certainly some are healthier than others. What this means is that our cooking method plays a central role in making our meals healthy. For example – grilled chicken is a far healthier option than fried chicken. Hence, try playing well with your cooking methods.
Healthy living journey calls for a lifestyle change and should be seen as a slow and steady process rather than expecting miraculous results in short period of time.
The new year has started and so has the resolution to get fit for many of you. To achieve your fittest self, your workouts must be accompanied by a healthy and nutritional diet. This means eating better, on-time and nutritious food. With some simple diet changes you can introduce yourself to better health:
- Timely meals: We are all playing catch up during the day, this means nutrition often takes a back seat. Timely meals are an important aspect of maintaining ideal health. The next time you reach for your breakfast oats make sure it’s at 7 am not noon.
- Small portions: Eating your meals in a smaller plate is the easiest way to attain better health. According to a study by Cornell University, people tend to consume lesser food this way. For weight watcher’s portion control is key, aim to buy and consume single – serve portions. You will not only consume less but save money.
- Increase water intake: Water is essential for life. The next time you want to reach out for an extra latte replace it with water and see your health boost. One should consume at least 7-8 glasses of water every day, it does sound simple but most of us don’t even consume 4 glasses of water in a day. Don’t believe us? Check it yourself
- Veggies, fruits and some more: Every season brings a bumper crop of produce – rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and more. All your meals must have a portion of fresh veggies and fruits. The aim should be to have equal amounts of proteins and veggies during the day. The greens in your diet they help aid better health, heart, and immunity.
- Track your meals: We are not big on calorie counting, it makes the process of getting healthier a tedious and boring task. However, it is important to be mindful of what we put into our mouth. Our body reflects what we feed it and hence understating our eating patterns by writing them down can go a big way in supporting our health, make better meal plans and more.
Make better health choices in 2017 and leave the task of delivering your grocery essentials to Burpy.
Christmas is the time to be merry and enjoy the much-required break with the family. As your loved ones gather to appreciate the festivities, here are our party hacks to keep things less stressful-
- Be preference ready: Big family means varied preferences. One can’t be always ready for last minute requests but being well prepared never hurts anyone. Our recommendation would be to make a simple phone call to your loved ones and be preference proof for the party.
- More hands mean less work: We all want to ensure a seamless and perfect experience for our guests at home during Christmas. However, working around the clock and catering to everyone’s need is not an easy task. The easy solution to this problem is to take support from everyone at home. This means – more hands for shopping, decorating the table and even cooking.
- Keep it simple: You heard it; we all want to be perfect hosts and the simplest way to achieve this goal is to simplify our tasks. Have classier yet shorter menus to achieve more in lesser time. The aim should be to have shorter to-do lists.
- Self-serve: The idea of spending your own party fixing drinks for your guests doesn’t sound very tempting. Does it? Set up an easy-to-make cocktail bar for your guests. This will solve half of your problems if not all of them.
- Enjoy: We know having fun is the last thing on anyone’s mind when they are busy planning perfect hosts. Your aim should be to enjoy the very best of everything you are doing. If you are enjoying, so will your guests.
To reduce the task of last minute grocery shopping, trust Burpy with the task.
Winters are here and so is the seasonal produce. Here are some vegetables that should be part of your winter meals:
- Brussels Sprouts: This vegetable has amazing disease-fighting phytochemicals and is a rich source of Vitamin C and K. Native to Brussels, Belgium, this vegetable could once be enjoyed in every nook and corner of Europe. An excellent source of vitamin B6, omega fatty acids, copper and calcium, this vegetable is best enjoyed steamed.
- Avocados: Rich in fiber and iron, avocados are a great source of vitamins A, C and E. They contain ‘good fats’ including mono saturated fat which can reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack. They are delicious raw and cooked.
- Turnip Greens: A loaded source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, copper, calcium, and dietary fiber this vegetable is a must in your winter diet. All the nutrients help fight rheumatoid arthritis, colorectal cancer, and atherosclerosis.
- Broccoli: A cruciferous vegetable, Broccoli contains glucosinolates and the carotenoid, lutein. Broccoli is a good source of phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and E. Considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world, it can be part of your salads, soups or main course.
- Cabbage: In ancient Greece and Rome, cabbage was considered a cure-all for a myriad of health conditions. Cabbage is known the world over for its remarkable anti-cancer properties, it is also a tremendous source of vitamins A and C.
Make sure you make the most of the winter produce, order all you need from Burpy.